[APPLE TV] Apple TV versus Xbox hardware?
CASHMON3Y Wrote:Im so confused right now, that im just going to pay an extra hundred. Half of the people I talk to say that Target doesnt sell Atv's in stores, it also says this online. But on the Target website it says they cost $229, full price. So I called the customer service and they said thats because clearances arent franchise wide, but rather restricted to an area, and also not online. But the sales rep at BB said if I can get written proof that Target put their Atv's on clearance, then they will match it. But since no one at any Targets down here in Detroit is smart, they dont believe me that the Atv is not an actual screen, so they cant help at all. The funny thing is that every store thinks its some sort of TV, even when I typed Apple TV in on ebay on the first page there was a big red apple with a TV mounted in it. This was a horrible name choice, lol.

Tell Target the SKU or Product number that's specific to their inventory and they can see what it is. Target employees carry around those scanners that have the ability to search not only their stores database but all stores in the area.
kirbypuckett Wrote:Tell Target the SKU or Product number that's specific to their inventory and they can see what it is. Target employees carry around those scanners that have the ability to search not only their stores database but all stores in the area.
They said its an online only item, and no Targets in the world can carry them in the store because Apple said so.
CASHMON3Y Wrote:They said its an online only item, and no Targets in the world can carry them in the store because Apple said so.

Sounds like a 5 year old answered the phone.
I've been using XBMC on XBOX for ages (it was named XBMP Rolleyes). Since I was not happy anymore with XBOX HW (big and slow), I bought an atv 6 month ago, but in no way can a hacked frontrow be compared to XBMC. So the atv went back to its box.

I've just installed XBMC on my atv last week. It's a perfect HW for XBMC (up to 720p), I love it.

Thanks a lot Davilla. Wink
I have an XBox running XBMC, but am considering upgrading to an AppleTV with XBMC. Once I get XBMC onto the AppleTV, is it possible to share the AppleTV's drive over the network, so the XBox XBMC can stream videos from the AppleTV?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] Apple TV versus Xbox hardware?0