Backup XBMC Live USB in windows
Guys

Is there a way to backup/restore the XBMC Live USB in windows or even in xbmc kernel mode ...

Everynow and then xbmc croaks .. and its a hassle to restore fresh from CD since i have to edit multiple files to get my confs right etc

It would be easier if i could restore from a backup (not just userdata but everything including the OS)

Anyway to create a ISO i guess Huh
I use Clonezilla, free open source backup @

http://www.clonezilla.org/
save all the img file and you will be done, unless you won't be able to boot any more from the flash drive; in this last case a rebuild is due, but you can then restore your last known good files on the brand new build.
What files do I need to copy if I only want a backup from the basic configuration (sources, region, appearance, any custom settings within XBMC)?

Is there a (or some) file holding all these info, or this type of "backup" is not possible?
l.capriotti Wrote:save all the img file and you will be done, unless you won't be able to boot any more from the flash drive; in this last case a rebuild is due, but you can then restore your last known good files on the brand new build.

Could you please tell, which img. files contain the configs and libraries?
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
all changes you may have made to the base filesystem are stored in ext3fs.img..
l.capriotti Wrote:all changes you may have made to the base filesystem are stored in ext3fs.img..

thanx again Wink
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backup XBMC Live USB in windows0