[AppleTV] HOW-TO replace the keymap files for Apple Remote to add context-menu, etc.
I just discovered that with the new settings, when you are on the info window, if you press Left on the remote you now get the Plot screen on top of the info.

very cool

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
jmarshall Wrote:If someone could sum up the changes and advantages for us plebs that don't use the apple remote, we'll get this in SVN as the default.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Oh good, hope it does go in....

Just make sure that button 3 gets set to....
(as above)
Press |<< for back 8 seconds <button id="3">SmallStepBack</button> Use to be Backwards 30 seconds, adds better control if you skip commercials

As the one I had uploaded had StepBack (30 seconds) not SmallStepBack (8 seconds) and the 8 second step back is waaaaayyy better when you are doing commercial skipping.
I appreciate the effort you've put into this Yzeyze! I've been using your Keymap.xml and it's made navigation on the AppleTV much easier. I've made some minor adjustments during video playback that I thought folks might be interested in:

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <joystick name="AppleRemote">
      <button id="1">StepForward</button>
      <button id="2">SmallStepBack</button>
      <button id="3">Rewind</button>
      <button id="4">FastForward</button>
      <button id="5">Pause</button>
      <button id="6">OSD</button>
      <button id="7">Info</button>
      <button id="8">CodecInfo</button>
    </joystick>
  </FullscreenVideo>

I rip my DVDs with DVDShrink and then convert the VOBs to a single large MPG with VOB2MPG Pro. I found that with some of these big DVD MPG files, XBMC wouldn't navigate past a certain point with StepForward or BigStepForward. While looking for a solution, I rediscovered FastForward and Rewind. Oddly, these will let me navigate past these points. Plus, I found I didn't use BigStep very often, so I didn't miss it. It made more sense to have FastForward and Rewind on the Right and Left buttons, so I moved Stepping to the Up and Down buttons.

I took out Stop and replaced it with Info. When you are file browsing, press-and-hold Play will bring up the Info screen. It's less confusing for me if Info is set up the same way while playing a video. To stop video playback, select Menu and then select the onscreen Stop button.

Finally, the geek in me likes to be able to check out CodecInfo, so I've moved that to press-and-hold Menu.

Using the original joystick.AppleRemote.xml file, I merged your changes and my adjustments into a new Keymap.xml file. If someone wants to use this go here:

http://pastebin.com/f5c52ee7

Click on download and save as "Keymap.xml" (no quotes, case is important). This is a "clean" Keymap.xml file that only contains the AppleRemote controls. Next, move this file over to:

/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata

And it'll be loaded when XBMC launches!
why press+hold left and press+hold right dont work anymore ? I have them working on my Macbook Pro 10.5.8 svn 23593.

but on my apple tv 3.0.1 svn 27032 is not working.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Hi,

I was just wondering is it possible to update this so that we can get maximum use out of the extra button now on the aluminium remote? For those who don't know the play/pause button has been moved out of the d-pad which now features an unlabled button which seems to work as select.

play/pause works fine as it is but with the two new commands (short and hold) i vote for codecdisplay and suspend system.
Is it possible to make this work with the new release at all?
Specifically on the AppleTV using Sams linux release.

I asked in that thread but I guess its prob not really the place for it.

I tried putting it in /userdata/keymaps/ (which was empty) tried calling it remote.xml and Keymap.xml

Doesnt seem to do anything at all. Do you have to load it somehow?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] HOW-TO replace the keymap files for Apple Remote to add context-menu, etc.0