[MAC] Another proposed change to README.osx
I was suffering the following error when trying run command-line xcodebuild across SSH;

Code:
tools/XBMCTex/XBMCTex -input \"skin/PM3.HD/media\" -output \"skin/PM3.HD/media/Textures.xpr\"
_RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL.

As my Mac doesn't generally have a keyboard or mouse attached, I ran into this problem whenever I hadn't used VNC to login to the Mac under same usercode as the the one I access via SSH. I though the following update to README.osx may be helpful;

http://fergus.pastebin.com/m64d4f917

Again, feel free to edit or totally ignore as you see fit. Give me a shout if I've failed to adequately describe what I'm on about!

Many thanks,

Fergus.
Fergus Wrote:I was suffering the following error when trying run command-line xcodebuild across SSH;

Code:
tools/XBMCTex/XBMCTex -input \"skin/PM3.HD/media\" -output \"skin/PM3.HD/media/Textures.xpr\"
_RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL.

As my Mac doesn't generally have a keyboard or mouse attached, I ran into this problem whenever I hadn't used VNC to login to the Mac under same usercode as the the one I access via SSH. I though the following update to README.osx may be helpful;

http://fergus.pastebin.com/m64d4f917

Again, feel free to edit or totally ignore as you see fit. Give me a shout if I've failed to adequately describe what I'm on about!

Many thanks,

Fergus.

XBMCTex uses SDL to read the images and as such needs be able to create SDL surfaces. This can be an issue on remote connections to boxes using ssh. What would really be nice if someone would convert XBMCTex to use freeimage instead.
davilla Wrote:XBMCTex uses SDL to read the images and as such needs be able to create SDL surfaces. This can be an issue on remote connections to boxes using ssh. What would really be nice if someone would convert XBMCTex to use freeimage instead.

Would I be wasting everyone's time if I raised this a Feature Request? I'm happy to do so, but reckon it probably wouldn't be that great a use of any developer's time in the grand scheme of things. Is it worth updating README.osx as a stop-gap measure?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Another proposed change to README.osx0