• 4(current)
Using "My Movies" movie collection management software as source for movie meta data?
Below are 4 mymovies.xml samples with multiple genres and only the first genre showed up when I imported them. I appended part of the title name to each as they natively maintain the "mymovies.xml" naming scheme. Just to make sure I am doing this right I'll outline my method.

In XBMC I select add source in the video menu. I navigate to the top folder with movie subfolders in it and select it. Then I choose "set content" and set it to "Movies". I choose "My Movies" from the list of scrapers and highlight "Run automated scan" and "Scan recursively". I can see a status message that it is downloading information for the movies and all the data is there when its done except a single genre for those that have multiple genres. When I search by genre the titles only appear under the first genre found in the mymovies.xml.

I am using this SVN "XBMCSetup-Rev16501-kricker-externalplayer" and My Movies 2.49. I realize I can update both the SVN and MM, but they are fairly current. Any help is much appreciated and I am hoping for an obvious mistake on my part that is easily corrected.

XML samples
Someone must have changed my code since my patch, because I didn't code it as a scrapper but rather like the existing nfo xml support. I do not have a setup currently for doing any debugging or anything. I'm fairly sure I did test multiple genres though...
Fixed in SVN revision 16572.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
dont be confused by the ignorance going around. your code is not changed, it is not a scraper, it is just an xml loader as you wrote. so you can relax, it was just shoddy written xml loading code, nothing else Tongue
You're calling my code shoddy, or the existing NFO XML code it was based upon? Tongue
hehe, let's not discuss the details eh ;P
Oops, yeah i should have mentioned thats not a scraper at all Wink Everythings fine now ..
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Tnx vdrfan
That was awesome, thanks for the fix works great now. I realize that its not a scraper that was just my default nomenclature since its listed with all the other scrapers. Thanks again for that ridiculously quick support.
haha Smile now i see where the confusion comes from.

the mymovies scraper listed is for the site mymovies.it, an italian site. you dont have to enable that at all to use the mymovies function you want
DOH!
spiff, maybe it would be a good idea to rename the scraper to "mymovies.it" where as my code is really for "My Movies 2" to try to avoid the confusion
yeah already on my todo Smile
ultrabrutal Wrote:pecinko, nope. which field in library should this be imported to?

Hi ultrabrutal.

Thanks for your interest, but if I understood spiff right, XBMC library database have currently no support for offline DVD titles :-(
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

if i understand the need correctly we need a "custom" field to handle this. that is easy. question is how to handle it ui wise
there is another thread somewhere on the topic of more fields/flags, for example resolution, audio tracks, subtitles, online/offline and so on...
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using "My Movies" movie collection management software as source for movie meta data?1