• 3(current)
Using "My Movies" movie collection management software as source for movie meta data?
Hi Jive,

Thanks for the information. I'm not really looking to do this in multiple stages. MyMovies can both tag and rip movies in a single step, and from what I understand, XBMC can read that information.

I'm looking specifically for people who've done this before, using MyMovies.

From your suggestion it sounds like i have to manually input 700+ movies into a myIMDB account, then rip those movies using a specific folder structure and naming convention, then use the XBMC plugin to draw this information into XBMC. Is that correct?

Thanks,
D
Smile 
deh2k7 Wrote:Hi Jive,

Thanks for the information. I'm not really looking to do this in multiple stages. MyMovies can both tag and rip movies in a single step, and from what I understand, XBMC can read that information.

I'm looking specifically for people who've done this before, using MyMovies.

From your suggestion it sounds like i have to manually input 700+ movies into a myIMDB account, then rip those movies using a specific folder structure and naming convention, then use the XBMC plugin to draw this information into XBMC. Is that correct?

Thanks,
D

I think that I misunderstood your original request. I thought that you were referring to the IMDB MyMovies. :o

Do you have a link for downloading MyMovies? It sounds like it would be useful to me too. Your solution seems like a good one for DVD rips and I think mine works better for organising DivX and Matroska files.

I already had all of my movies listed in myIMDb, and a slightly chaotic folder structure containing my AVI files, so this method gave me both a solid folder structure and IMDb title IDs so that everything would be correctly linked although I would need to manually drag and drop my videos (a similar volume to yourslef) but I'd be happy they were then consistently organised and correctly indexed.

However you rip your movies it is good to have a good folder stucture and the simplest (consistent) naming convention is to use the IMDb title of the movie for the folder name. I did choose to make an exception for subtitled movies though.

JiveTalker
Jive talkin, just isnt a crime
Jive -

Here's a link to MyMovies:
http://www.mymovies.dk/home.aspx

Also, looks like someone created a patch for XBMC to use the MyMovies XML for tagging information, and added it in, but doesn't look like Atlantis.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4997

I'm trying to track down a SVN build that has the update to see how well it works. I'll let you know what I find out.

D
Question 
I have a 300+ DVD collection indexed in MyMovies, and I want to import them to XBMC. I rather not go through the process of editing the entire database again, so is there some way I just import the existing data from MyMovies into XBMC?

My films are organized by:

Video\Movies\Movie_name\movie\video_ts
Video\Movies\Movie_name\special features\video_ts

There are MyMovies XML + folder.jpg files in each folder.

Thanks
Just do it .. mymovies.xml support was added in SVN revision 16178.
Note, you will have to get a more recent XBMC version as the 'Atlantis' release.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
VDRfan Wrote:Just do it .. mymovies.xml support was added in SVN revision 16178.
Note, you will have to get a more recent XBMC version as the 'Atlantis' release.

I'm a total XBMC newbie, so please pardon my ignorance. I mapped M drive to the Movies directory and added this to XBMC. I then set the content to "Movies". After that, I right-clicked on the Movie directory inside XBMC and told it to search for new content. However, it'd either get stuck as soon as it starts; or, if it finishes successfully, it'd still say "no library content" (or something to that effect). I am using the latest build downloaded today.
Checked "Use Folder Names For Lookups" ?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
VDRfan Wrote:Checked "Use Folder Names For Lookups" ?

Yes, I did.
pecinko Wrote:Goto:

http://www.mediafire.com/xbmc

and download the latest win build with MM support :-)

Is the MM support built in to any other system builds- like mac or apple tv?
So either your version is not able to use the mymovies.xml or something else is wrong. Please enable debug logging (see link in my sig) and pastebin the given xbmc.log.
So will this ever be in the official release (sorry i really dont know what SVN stands for lol)
It now hangs whenever I try to start it. I'll try to reinstall...
pecinko, nope. which field in library should this be imported to?
I am new to XBMC but would love to switch from vista media center. I use my movies and have tried importing MM data with a somewhat recent SVN and everything works great for me except genres. I only get one genre when I often times have multiple genres in MM. If I manually change the specific mymovies.xml from

<Genres>
<Genre>Adventure</Genre>
<Genre>Comedy</Genre>
<Genre>Fantasy</Genre>
<Genre>Action</Genre>
</Genres>

to

<Genres>
<Genre>Adventure/Comedy/Fantasy/Action</Genre>
</Genres>

it will pick them up. Is this just me or is there something I need to do different. Thanks for an awesome tool.
Having multiple genre tags should be fine (at least from looking at the code). Mind uploading your mymovies.xml somewhere? Maybe it is due to some invalid characters.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using "My Movies" movie collection management software as source for movie meta data?1