• 5(current)
Using "My Movies" movie collection management software as source for movie meta data?
Now i know i shouldnt bitch about this cause what you have already done is FANTASTIC and i love you for it but is there a way do get fanart for my movies if im using MyMovies 2.6 as a scraper? can i download my own and stick them in the movie folder? please help please.
I don't see my patch coming in the way of fanart? I believe you can put <moviename>-fanart.jpg file with the movie file
where can i download fan art is there a dedicated database
AaronG85 Wrote:Now i know i shouldnt bitch about this cause what you have already done is FANTASTIC and i love you for it but is there a way do get fanart for my movies if im using MyMovies 2.6 as a scraper? can i download my own and stick them in the movie folder? please help please.

If you are talking about My Movies DVD management tool from http://www.mymovies.dk, latest version is 2.5 AFAIK. If that is the case, simply put backdrop image in movie folder. MM does not currently manage backdrops, just DVD front and back covers.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

spiff Wrote:if i understand the need correctly we need a "custom" field to handle this. that is easy. question is how to handle it ui wise

Just an idea:

- show it under title * on offline disc xxx *
- make a offline_movie.nfo and pop-up a window with * please insert disc n.xx * when PLAY is pressed
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

ultrabrutal Wrote:I don't see my patch coming in the way of fanart? I believe you can put <moviename>-fanart.jpg file with the movie file

No, it does not come in the way at all.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

then what format is it inHuh i really want fanart lol
AaronG85 Wrote:then what format is it inHuh i really want fanart lol

Ultrabrutal already answered you. Not only you're not reading manual, but you don't read answers to your posts either Laugh
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

AaronG85 Wrote:then what format is it inHuh

format? common are jpg and png but I think you can use others also. why don't you play with it and if needed, update the wiki where info is missing Wink
Question 
Anyone care to update the wiki documentation for this feature in XBMC?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp...t_software

...perhaps even write a step by step HOW-TO guide if it is needed(?):
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Tips_And_Tricks

PS! There are some usage questions posted in the MyMovies forum:
http://www.mymovies.name/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=10271

Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Something that used the info from DVDProfiler would also be quite nice! I stopped using MyMovies when I walked away from MCE Sad Back then MyMovies was using data from DVDProfiler. Profiler has some pretty good artwork, would be nice to suck that into XBMC too!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
if it offers info in a parseable format it would be trivial. if its an undocumented binary format, you'd have to rev it. in any case, a patch is ofc welcome
spiff Wrote:if it offers info in a parseable format it would be trivial. if its an undocumented binary format, you'd have to rev it. in any case, a patch is ofc welcome

I will take a look at it and if it would help upload the database backup file to a share server somewhere. The graphics are likely going to have filenames coded much like XBMC does with something less than descriptive so they might need to be puzzled out.

Believe me if I had the skill to patch this kind of thing I would but I can at least take a look at the data formats and dig around on their support board. They might even have exports to something more easily used! Unfortunately the software is simply for cataloging and won't have paths etc. to the video files which may make it less attractive.

If you follow the link in my sig you can see what some of the art looks like anyway, perhaps it's not even appropriate. Maybe scraping the user's WEB site for their own collection could be a way to go - it would certainly be likely to have accurate hits! Hrm...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
ultrabrutal Wrote:format? common are jpg and png but I think you can use others also. why don't you play with it and if needed, update the wiki where info is missing Wink

Will try to ask Brian to add fanart support in MM.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I was thinking of posting some guide to MM forum, but there is no reason I can not do the same thing on XBMC wiki, as log as you don't mind mine not-so-perfect english :-) I'm just waiting to see if offline DVD support will be added or not. Step by step guide is not necessary in my opinion, as it's just a matter of pointing XBMC to movie folder?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using "My Movies" movie collection management software as source for movie meta data?1