• 19(current)
Jittery Video?
First Sticky in "XBMC for Windows - Help and Support"
doh! sorry ;-)
mpw222 Wrote:Glad that worked, in case it helps others, this is exactly what I did:

In the nVidia Control Panel I went to to 3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings and created a profile for xbmc. At the bottom of the option list in the profile you can find vertical sync, which says that it affects OpenGL in both Vista and XP. I turned that on and haven't had a problem since.

Running the 180.48 drivers on XP SP3 x86 with a Geforce 9500GT, 1080i output over HDMI.

Good advice, worked for me. Enabling vsync in the nVidia control panel was all I needed. I didn't make any changes to the XBMC configuration.
I still get not so smooth playback with the following components/settings

Intel E5200
AMD HD4670, vsync in driver v8.12 set to always on
Panasonic TH-42PX80 with 24p playback support

xbmc set to:
resolution "auto"
adjust refreshrate 'true'
vsync 'let driver choose'
XBMC Equipment:
Nvidia Ion + Atom 330, HDMI out
Panasonic TH-42PX80FV
Windows Server 2008 R2
A lot of people dont. Thats why the "external launch player" is fairly popular.
nightyy Wrote:AMD HD4670, vsync in driver v8.12 set to always on

I set mine to 'On, unless application decides'
@ ashlar: I also tried 'on, unless application specifies'

Here is a complete set of my setup and settings:

Code:
Windows Vista Business x64
Intel E5200 (2x2.5GHz)
Abit IP35-E, optical out with 24bit/96kHz
AMD HD4670, Catalyst v8.12, DVI -> HDMI cable
Panasonic TH-42PX80 with 24p playback support

XBMC settings, everything left on standard except:
resolution "auto"
vsync 'let driver choose'

I also tried setting my resolution to 1920x1080@24p in XBMC, still some stuttering.
I use Planet Earth (720p/24p) - Fresh Water @4:10min for testing the smoothness. Lots of landscape panning in this mkv. If I play the file with a combination of either WMP11 or Zoom Player supported by reclock the panning scenes are just smooth, perfect!
XBMC Equipment:
Panasonic TH-42PX80FV
Windows Server 2008 R2
nightyy, unfortunately there's little you can do to make things better. Reclock can't work with XBMC and there's no developer that has the knowledge to implement something similar in a cross platform environment. This is how I understand it at least.

Add to this the fact that 24p is relatively new stuff... there's people that consider 24fps material played back at 60Hz smooth. In some ways (no offense meant), it's like trying to explain the beauty of a sunset to person that's been blind since birth.
ashlar Wrote:nightyy, unfortunately there's little you can do to make things better. Reclock can't work with XBMC and there's no developer that has the knowledge to implement something similar in a cross platform environment. This is how I understand it at least.

Add to this the fact that 24p is relatively new stuff... there's people that consider 24fps material played back at 60Hz smooth. In some ways (no offense meant), it's like trying to explain the beauty of a sunset to person that's been blind since birth.

Well, I like watching sunsets Wink

Anyway, here at work I just managed to get Zoom Player working as external player for XBMC, works like a charm. Also reclock jumps in and syncs when I set 'don't restrict app loading' in reclock settings. This is my solution until dvdplayer handles 24p right.
XBMC Equipment:
Panasonic TH-42PX80FV
Windows Server 2008 R2
Where is the XBMC settings for "adjust framerate"?

I'm using the latest SVn build and I simply cannot find it. Resolution and Vsync are easy to find, but I just cannot find the so called "ajust framerate" that you guys talk about so often.
Settings > Video > Player.
Does me mean where is the adjust framerate or refresh rate? I think they can be considered one in the same?
nightyy Wrote:@ ashlar: I also tried 'on, unless application specifies'

XBMC settings, everything left on standard except:
resolution "auto"
vsync 'let driver choose'[/code]

Hitcher Wrote:Settings > Video > Player.

Nope. Nothing like that... I get Resolution (set to auto) and Vsync options, but I just cannot find that 'adjust refreshrate' option that you guys talk about.
I'm using the latest SVN builds.
I will upload a screen shot as soon as I get home.
Its a langauge Bug why you couldnt see it.
When you have your Skin settings set to : "German" then you have to look under /Einstellungen/Videos/Wiedergabe/Album <--- (Album is totally wrong in german) but its the option to automatic adjust refreshrate to Videos in XBMC. "Album" is the wrong Word.
i wish i could help you if you are German and couldnt find it.
Intel P35 C2Duo 2,4 ghz 2GB Ram
ATI 3650 over HDMI @ Samsung LE37
Realtek AZELIA Sound
Windows 7 32Bit - XBMC Rev25986-dx
Please make a correction to the language file and post it on trac so that it can be fixed.

Thanks!
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jittery Video?1