• 21(current)
Jittery Video?
My mistake.
Hi.

First of I'm a NooB to this great program, and not so good at coding/programming.

I have the same problem. I downloaded the Reclock files, but don't know where to put it Sad

My setup is like this:

Quad Core 2,4 Ghz Q6600
4 gb Ram
8600 GTS Nvidia

I have a samsung 2232bw monitor connected trough DVI and a samsung 40" LCd connected trough HDMI, I'm running xbmc on the big screen..

V Sync on Xbmc is turned of. Tried to deactivate DNR on the LCD. But still problems.

I have installed the new DivX codec which has support for MKV files. Running in other players there isn't any stutter/jitter.

I live in Denmark.

Hope that you can help.

Thanks in advance.

DS
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/18021

Is this it, already? Big Grin

Care to describe exactly what it does and how it does it?
Wow! It's really solved. Impressive. I don't need <adjustrefreshrate> anymore. Videos playing smoothly now on my Ubuntu 8.10.
Thx...
ashlar Wrote:http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/18021

Is this it, already? Big Grin

Care to describe exactly what it does and how it does it?

I'm really sorry to ask.

Where should I put the files. I've looked in the xbmc dir. but there are no such files.

Thanks in advance..
DarkStranger Wrote:I'm really sorry to ask.

Where should I put the files. I've looked in the xbmc dir. but there are no such files.

Thanks in advance..

HI,

you cannot download these files and put them in your install directory to get it to work. Those files are used on a different branch, and will be available as soon as the developer thinks the new smoothVideo feature is ready to be put on the main branch.
To use the feature right now, you have to check out the xbmc-smoothvideo branch and build your own version.
I hope this explains it.

/P
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
PolliSoft Wrote:HI,

you cannot download these files and put them in your install directory to get it to work. Those files are used on a different branch, and will be available as soon as the developer thinks the new smoothVideo feature is ready to be put on the main branch.
To use the feature right now, you have to check out the xbmc-smoothvideo branch and build your own version.
I hope this explains it.

/P

Okay thanks for explaining. I'm not so good at "coding" So If there's anyone who have done this and it's working, please share!!

Or if there's anyone who have another workaround the problem
Would anyone be so kind as to provide a working build for this branch, for testing? Obviously, supposing that it's already in state worth testing, which I can't predict.
I would also love to see a "xbmc-smoothvideo" build.
It's in a working state now, there's no resampler yet, but packet skipping/duplication works ok.

There are some options you can set in Settings->Videos->Player, and you can set the audio sync type for pcm under Configure audio hardware.
Right now you have to set it to Skip/Duplicate, the resample option doesn't do anything.
The sync type for ac3/dts passthrough is always Skip/Duplicate.

If you can enable triple buffering for opengl in your videocard driver, you should.
bobo1on1 Wrote:It's in a working state now, there's no resampler yet, but packet skipping/duplication works ok.

There are some options you can set in Settings->Videos->Player, and you can set the audio sync type for pcm under Configure audio hardware.
Right now you have to set it to Skip/Duplicate, the resample option doesn't do anything.
The sync type for ac3/dts passthrough is always Skip/Duplicate.

If you can enable triple buffering for opengl in your videocard driver, you should.

This is so great. I have my dreams come true. This feature is what i've been waiting for.

Is there a thread about this new branch where we could discuss the rusults of testing ?

How is clock sync work ?

On WIN i had reclock what makes something like this. How can we sync a 24fps file to an 50hz TV ? It can be done by clock sync or we will need the resample function to achieve ?

I tried the skipping/duplicating function. I tried a 24 fps material on 50hz, but i can still see xbmc playing back the video at 24fps. Shouldn't it show a constant 25fps if i am really syncing ?

Thanks for the great work Bobo1on1 ! It will really we an awsome feature.
Specially if merged with the new VDPAU branch.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Did you actually turn the option "Sync clock to display" on? When you press O, fps should roughly say the refreshrate of the monitor, not the fps of the movie.

For speed adjustment, you really need resampling, Skip/Duplicate sounds horrible.
You should also update now, because I fixed some things.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Did you actually turn the option "Sync clock to display" on? When you press O, fps should roughly say the refreshrate of the monitor, not the fps of the movie.

For speed adjustment, you really need resampling, Skip/Duplicate sounds horrible.

Yes i turned it on. Except i have costom modelines in my xorg.conf with 23.98hz. If is set it to this refresh rate, the fps is arround this value but with a little variation. Shouldn' it be fixed to this fps with no change at all ? Shouldn't the a/v time difference number be 0 all the time ?

I found this resampler if you are interested. This is the one they use for winows Reclock also.

libsamplerate
http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
bobo1on1 Wrote:If you can enable triple buffering for opengl in your videocard driver, you should.

I've got this option on my card but never knew what it did or if it even helps XBMC. Hopefully get a chance to try this out later.
Maybe I am crazy but I do not see anything new in the options? I am running SVN18044. Is not a late enough build to see the oprions in "Configure audio hardware"
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jittery Video?1