• 3(current)
Jittery Video?
I have this same problem,I have a tv that has vga and it get 60hz.i notice the jerking in xbmc but i also notice it in other players.
Maybe not the same thing, but I get jittery playback (obscene video stuttering) the longer my machine is running. A reboot resolves it. In fact, I don't even need to have XBMC running the whole time -- just the fact that the machine is on for a day or so will cause XBMC's playback to stutter.

I can exit XBMC when it is behaving like this, and play the same video with MPC or other players with no problem.

I'm installing Beta 2 right now -- what information can I collect to submit a useful bug?
mdaria510 Wrote:24fps a bit trickier but there a *very* standard way to do this which has been in place for decades.
For people that might not know this, to display 24 fps material on 60Hz screens, even frames are displayed twice, odd frames are displayed three times. (12x2)+(12x3)=60.
I tried XBMC on my Mac Intel, No judders at all even a 60Hz back in Windows same movie, same scene and lot of judders.
sensei73 Wrote:I tried XBMC on my Mac Intel, No judders at all even a 60Hz back in Windows same movie, same scene and lot of judders.
Can anyone try the Live or full blown Linux version? I tried Live but the custom refresh rates do not get recognized by XBMC and I would rather avoid going the Linux way just for this.
I have XBMC on three windows set ups and can confirm this is a problem on one of my set ups.

1. DVI -> HDMI on a 720p LCD - not noticed any jitter (5000+ X2 AMD)

2. VGA on a 22 inch monitor - not noticed any jitter (4200+ X2 AMD)

3. TV-Out to component on a 720p LCD, quite noticeable jitter (1.8 Celeron Laptop Intel 965M gfx)
daveUK Wrote:I have XBMC on three windows set ups and can confirm this is a problem on one of my set ups.

1. DVI -> HDMI on a 720p LCD - not noticed any jitter (5000+ X2 AMD)

2. VGA on a 22 inch monitor - not noticed any jitter (4200+ X2 AMD)

3. TV-Out to component on a 720p LCD, quite noticeable jitter (1.8 Celeron Laptop Intel 965M gfx)
You failed to mention refresh rates and fps of material played.
ashlar Wrote:You failed to mention refresh rates and fps of material played.

sorry, on the laptop the refresh rate is 60hz the videos concerned are 23.976fps. This happens on standard def xvids and 720p mkvs. The now playing info button doesn't report any dropped frames.
Can folks try the recompiled ffmpeg libs that WiSo just built:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38726
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The new files are worse for me, its dropping frames like there is no tomorrow, something like 5+ a second, this is an SD 25fps mpeg recorded from digital TV in the UK.

I also noticed that even with the original beta 2 files even footage that was 25fps from UK digital television was not playing back smoothly even with the refresh rate at 50hz Sad

XP SP3, [email protected], 4Gb Ram, ATI HD4870.
I suggest you possibly provide a sample for WiSo to look at.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
It plays back perfectly fine on the XBOX. It's just an Mpeg 2.
That does not help. Provide a sample.

And you barely provided any details. Check your upscaling options. Debug log?

Anything relevant.

Actually the Mpeg was broken, after running it through VideoReDo to fix the stream it played normally and appears to be smoother, sorry to confuse things No
Glad to hear it Smile

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jittery Video?1