• 5(current)
Jittery Video?
tknice1 Wrote:I'm having the same problem and seem to be able to consistently fix it. First, here are my specs: Dual core 2200 w/ 2 gigs ram and an Nvidia 8600 HDMI card. Btw, beta 2 is so much smoother than beta 1 and I can now play all of my 1080p movies perfectly with no sync issues. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Now for the problem. It doesn't really matter if its 720p or 1080p, it happens on almost all of them. First, I play a movie and bring up the info screen. The frame rates fluctuate from 11-13 fps, hence the jittery playback. CPU usage under dual core is anywhere from 50% up to 75/80 depending on the format.

If I press the back button (or whichever button returns to the menu while the video is still playing) and then press play again on the movie, the fps jumps to 24 and dual CPU drops to 10% or less. This seems to work every time the problem occurs, just make sure the video is still playing when you return to the thumbnails menu--then play it again. I can usually resume or start from the beginning, either fixes it.

Can anyone else confirm this?

-Tom

Well, the problem I'm referring to is entirely different. Not talking about any major frame drop, nothing near 11-13fps - this is the kind of thing youd have to look very closely to notice in most cases, and has nothing to do with CPU usage.
tknice1 Wrote:The new ffmpeg dlls fixed the problem for me.

-Tom

Hi, I'm having exact same problems as you. Can you explain in more detail what did you do and how? Thanks in advance, I was about to give up on xbmc because of this as everything works great in mediaportal but I like the xbmc gui features so much more Smile

EDIT:
Never mind, found it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38726
akiaki Wrote:Hi, I'm having exact same problems as you. Can you explain in more detail what did you do and how? Thanks in advance, I was about to give up on xbmc because of this as everything works great in mediaportal but I like the xbmc gui features so much more Smile

EDIT:
Never mind, found it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38726
Did they work for you as well?
Didn't get a chance to try it yet, I'm at work now and I'll be heading home in a feww hours and am very eager to try it because a/v sync issue is driving me mad! I suspect it has something to do with high cpu usage while xbmc is idle (50% - dual core amd 2.8ghz) as described in another thread. And then when I play the video it seams like the video is trying to catch up the audio and that goes on for a 10-15 seconds and in the meantime cpu usage drops to 7-14% playing 720p mkv (24p plasma-system refresh rate - 24hz)...
I'll post if it works or not for me here, and I downloaded xbmc live just in case to try that out too..
I also have this problem with panning Scenes and Playback isnt smooth on my
Samsung M37 (1920x1080 @60hz) VGA.
I have Core2Duo 2,4 ghz and ATI X300,2GB DDR ram.

I tryed to boot only with 1 Core in Windows XP (Servicepack 2).But nothings changes...again stuttering in Movies.I try to Disable & enable Vertical Sync in XBMC and the Catalyst Driver (newest Catalyst from ATI).
But always only in XBMC the Videos doesnt run Smooth.

I took some Infos from the Movie (Planet earth - Pole to pole).

"
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 23.98fps [Video]
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz stereo [Audio]
Subtitle: Advanced SubStation Alpha [Subtitle]
"

The FPS on Info Screen runs from 23,73 - 24,25 fps ...

This is Photo from the Informationscreen in Videos.Perhaps it can Help YOU.

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=...io4dv6.jpg

Hope this will bee soon fixed.Because XBMC is in my opinion the Best mediacenter i ever used =) Sorry for my bad english !

chheerz mAJ0
Intel P35 C2Duo 2,4 ghz 2GB Ram
ATI 3650 over HDMI @ Samsung LE37
Realtek AZELIA Sound
Windows 7 32Bit - XBMC Rev25986-dx
My video playback is stuttering with all kinds of video. I have SD and HD Stuff, even the crappy SD Stuff isn't running smooth...

I run a resolution of XBMC at 1920x1200, SW upscaling of SD content it set to off.

This is my system:
CPU AMD Athlon64 X2 4850e 2x2.5GHz BOX
MB ASUS M3N78-EMH HDMI GeForce8200/MCP78S
2048MB PQI DDR2-800 CL5 KIT Ultra

And this is the log, plenty of errors, hope someone is able to help Sad
http://slexy.org/view/s26bRd36mb

The video files run smoothly with MPC, so it's not a problem of my machine.
And another source video file (mov):
http://slexy.org/view/s2iSb6QqyL
at first i too had some video shudder i updated my video driver and it went away i don't know if that would help in your case, or if you had already done that.
already did that Sad
still no change for me.. it starts the video droping some 15-25 frames and tries to catch up the sync but it does after 30 or so seconds... If i rewind to beginning and play it works ok but I don't want to do that at all...
Still high cpu usage while idle - 50% and when I start playing video it goes to 75-80% and when media is in sync drops to 14% average...
Just want to chime in and say that I'm having the same issue's running on 52" Aquos @ 120hz refresh rate.
Wow guys, READ THE THREAD before you post! Half of you are talking about completely unrelated problems. This thread is NOT about:

- dropped frames
- high CPU usage
- audio/video being out of sync

This thread is about SLIGHT jerks in video playback only visible in slow panning shots.
well, maybe, just maybe all of these things we are talking about ARE related. Judder could be happening without dropped frames because the player is trying to sync a and v all the time, couldn't it?
something is not working as it should here and since many more people are trying the xbmc on other platforms which are connected to high res plasma or lcd displays, now you can see all the artifacts that are happening...
If I was a developer, I would see if there is a posibility as an on-off feature to use direct show codecs at least on win version as many people report no problems in apps using those codecs..
I'm experiencing the slight jerkiness on horizontal pans. I've found it most noticeable on the first scene of Terminator 2, where the camera pans across the wasteland slowly. This was with Beta 1 on both Windows (Vista) and Linux, I'll try Beta 2 with the Planet Earth footage and confirm my rates as soon as I get the chance.

Athlon 64 X2 BE-2400 (2.3Ghz), 2Gb RAM
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard
onboard ATI HD 3200 video
HDMI out to Panasonic 42" 720p TH-42PX60U
First of all, I believe this thread should be about people who have refresh rates which are direct multiples of the frame rate of the material played.

If you play back 25fps material at 50Hz, 75Hz, 100Hz. If you play back 24 fps material at 48Hz, 72 Hz, 96Hz or 120Hz.

Otherwise, if you play 24fps material at 60Hz some judder is inevitable, due to the 3:2 processing. Although I'd freely admit that what I'm seeing at 60Hz is *really* bad judder too.

But the problem is that at direct multiples we should get silk smooth playback, no judder at all.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jittery Video?1