[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 2) on the Apple TV
Sry Davilla

not possible to ssh in and get those logs...

The Error-messages persist...

Are the servers down? Then I just retry later on...

cheers

- Sheerkhan
Sheerkhan Wrote:Sry Davilla

not possible to ssh in and get those logs...

The Error-messages persist...

Are the servers down? Then I just retry later on...

Not possible to help without the console.log. If you can't ssh in, you have larger problems and need to resolve that first.

Servers are up and since you cannot ssh in to retrieve the log, I suspect that your have an internal network problem and need to fix that first.
Good morning,

I tried several times again, no luck Sad

I cannot ssh into the ATV since XMBC is not installed (or is there a way to ssh if AppleTV is not "hacked"? Do I have to install nitoTV etc. as well for that? Or will XMBC-Patchstick do the trick?).

thanks & cheers

- Sheerkhan
Hello again,

finally managed to download Beta2 and it was installed correctly.
It was also running nicely and I first configured the settings etc.
For the first time I also wanted to install the Weather-channel and selected my city and country...whatever...anyway...

It crashed Sad

and then showed, "exits with an error 10"...

The whole procedure again? (Factory reset etc.)

Or do I have one of those ATV's that cannot be hacked by XBMC?

thanks for your help

- Sheerkhan
Sheerkhan Wrote:Good morning,

I tried several times again, no luck Sad

I cannot ssh into the ATV since XBMC is not installed (or is there a way to ssh if AppleTV is not "hacked"? Do I have to install nitoTV etc. as well for that? Or will XBMC-Patchstick do the trick?).

The installation of ssh is independent of the download and install of XBMC.app

perhaps if you showed what you were typing when trying to ssh in, that would help us assist you with the ssh operation.
I'm in with ssh, I have the following in "Logs":

Which one do you need?

Crash Reporter.log
Xmbc.log
Xmbc.old.log
Sheerkhan Wrote:I'm in with ssh, I have the following in "Logs":

Which one do you need?

Crash Reporter.log
XBMC.log
XBMC.old.log

XBMC.log
Crash Reporter.log
/Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log
a big thanks from me too on getting this going on the apple tv - I've been souring the forums here (before actually getting round to posting!!) looking for a small, quiet and cheap machine to run XBMC, and you came up with one Smile

Thank you, now all I have to do is make it work Smile
Crash Reporter Log:
http://pastebin.com/m424ec224

XBMC.log:
http://pastebin.com/m275aba31

I hope we find a solution Smile
Sheerkhan Wrote:Crash Reporter Log:
http://pastebin.com/m424ec224

XBMC.log:
http://pastebin.com/m275aba31

I hope we find a solution Smile

Seems to be some problem with cdio_open, there is an open issue with cdio that we are tracking. You might disable CD/DVD access, I think there's a setting in guisettings.xml or something in advancedsettings.xml that can control this.
davilla:
First off, thank you for your hard work, maybe you can put those thiefs with the "membership" patchsticks out of business. Yours works flawlessly for me, great stuff.

I purchased my ATV at Bestbuy for $100 (they only had the demo one).
I stream my A/V from a windows home server (WHS). I have set up a wireless N network that is only used by the ATV. When I used NitoTV, sapphire, etc, I sometimes get studdering playback, audio out of sync, etc. With XBMC it has been working perfectly. I now have what I wanted from the get-go, a small, silent HDMI interface for my television that would stream all my audio and video from my WHS without costing me an arm and a leg. I now have that thanks to Davilla.
gringott Wrote:davilla:
First off, thank you for your hard work, maybe you can put those thiefs with the "membership" patchsticks out of business. Yours works flawlessly for me, great stuff.

I purchased my ATV at Bestbuy for $100 (they only had the demo one).
I stream my A/V from a windows home server (WHS). I have set up a wireless N network that is only used by the ATV. When I used NitoTV, sapphire, etc, I sometimes get studdering playback, audio out of sync, etc. With XBMC it has been working perfectly. I now have what I wanted from the get-go, a small, silent HDMI interface for my television that would stream all my audio and video from my WHS without costing me an arm and a leg. I now have that thanks to Davilla.

Thanks, we aim to please Wink Don't forget the hard work of the other TeamXBMC devs, without them, this would not be possible.
Hi guys!

I am using an ATV version 2.2, Installed the launcher via 0.3 patchstick, updated the launcher to 0.2, Installed Atlantis Beta2 and XBMC launches and runs fine except that I can't get contextual menus working w/ holding play or holding menu. Is there a fix for this right now? I followed the instructions for Atlantis beta 1 and XBMCHelper but that hasn't helped. I also set "Use Internal Remote Control" to no in the launcher settings, still no joy.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Rob

EDIT: NM I think I may be retarded, I did the ATV 2.2 update then I did a factory restore before the patchstick and I think the factory restore brought the ATV back to 2.0.... This explains a lot. Sorry for the wasted post!
Dear all,

it finally worked and I'm currently transfering my library with ssh (which takes a lot of time).

What I did different (maybe try out, if you have troubles):

I set the solution on ATV to 720p (although my TV supports 1080p)
I disabled DVD/CD-access in the XBMC-setup-menu
I didn't touch "Weather" and / or "Scripts" (since both of these crashed everything the last 2 times).
I kept the default skin and will not change that.

I keep my fingers crossed... Smile

cheers

- Sheerkhan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 2) on the Apple TV1