[PATCH] Allow creation of maximized XBMC window on secondary displays
Added to trac #5110.

This patch adds the availability secondary display resolutions to the win32 target, in much the same way OSX currently supports multimonitors. This is based on the ideas discussed in the Linux dev topic untrapping mouse while fullscreen. I'd rather not do the full implementation discussed in that thread at this time, as we're in Atlantis beta 2 and should hold a major change until the next cycle. Tested on win32 and linux, but needs to be tested on OSX to make sure the changes #1 compile, #2 don't change their functionality.

These are not "fullscreen" resolutions in that they do not capture the mouse or iconify the app if focus is lost. No screen resolution changes are made, only the current resolution of the auxiliary display is used.

They will show up on the resolution list as "w x h (DISPLAY n)".

Known issues: If you request "toggle fullscreen" with the \ key, results are somewhat undefined. I'm really not sure what the expected behavior would be at that point considering you're already taking the full screen anyway.
I think a similar approach will work in Linux using Xinerama info, which is provided by many dual screen modes (including TwinView). Actually looking at your code, I think I just need to search for the call to the CSurface constructor and pass in the coordinates from Xinerama. This should generalize to more than 2 displays also.

I'd also like to insert a mode that just runs SDL_NOFRAME maximized on the first display / display specified by the environment variable. This is for people using synergy (also a windows issue?) or separate screen dual heading. In Linux I can't easily get monitor names, so I plan on using logical labels. I'm thinking something like "maximized: 1600x1200 @60Hz", or maybe "nograb" instead of "maximized".

Perhaps the expected behavior of "\" in this case would be to add the frame back? I can do this in Linux using EWMH, but that won't work on some more obscure window managers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Allow creation of maximized XBMC window on secondary displays0