• 2(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO easily get MCE Remote working flawlessly in XBMC with EventGhost
Awesome! That works like a charm with a NoName X10 Remote Smile Though I had to disable about 5 entries in HID in the device manager Wink

Thanks a lot!
F3d0r Wrote:The directional buttons, Ok and some more are already mapped to virtual keyboard presses in the Eventghost virtual keyboard section. If you also map those events to XBMC actions you will see this as double pushes.

Have a look at the EG log window to see what exactly happens when you press these remote buttons.

Yeah, that did the trick. Working ok now. Thanks!
Some other problems:
When starting eventghost the xbmc map is always disabled. Can't find a setting that will change this permanently. Also it would be nice to have the possibility to start xbmc with the remote.
Deepsearch Wrote:Yeah, that did the trick. Working ok now. Thanks!
Some other problems:
When starting eventghost the xbmc map is always disabled. Can't find a setting that will change this permanently. Also it would be nice to have the possibility to start xbmc with the remote.

Edit the Autorun section of Eventghost to your needs. By default it enables Keyboard Emulation exclusively.
Broads Wrote:Thanks F3edor.

I had the wrong beta, took the top item rather than reading the date (doh).
Any how I now have the correct beta, and have the options as stated.

However I run vista x64 with the VISTAMCE remote, I have tried checking and unchecking disable hid, but I can not see any events firing. Any Ideas?

Could someone with Vista 64 bit please try the following version of the mecir.dll and provide some feedback?
http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...6149#p6149

You can try this out by copying the dll contained in the zip archive to the plugins\MceRemote directory of Eventghost (before starting Eventghost).

Edit: Unfortunately this first attempt for Vista64 does not work
Hi f3d0r

I'm doing everything as instructed, I have the latest EG and XBMC plugin linked here and I've installed it to a folder in plugins.

Its shows up in the Plugin menu under "Other" but when I select it OK is greyed out.

In the events I get "Can't read __init__.py for plugin "XBMC". Can you help?
Vista64 user...

Sorry its not looking good atm. see below.

Error starting plugin: Microsoft MCE Remote
Exception in thread MceMessageReceiver:
Traceback (most recent call last) (1479):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\PluginInfo.py", line 299, in Start
File "threading.pyc", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\MceRemote\__init__.py", line 280, in __start__
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 136, in Start
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 72, in __call__
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\MceRemote\__init__.py", line 190, in Setup
WindowsError: [Error 1410] Class already exists.
File "threading.pyc", line 446, in run
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 171, in __MainLoop
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\MceRemote\__init__.py", line 222, in Finish
AttributeError: MceMessageReceiver instance has no attribute 'dll'
I installed EventGhost for the first time last night. Eventually got it all installed and figured out how to configure it (probably all in a long winded way!).

Anyway, first I tried to map my remote to keyboard inputs. This works fine, except the only way I found to avoid EG ignoring every other keypress meant that I had to scroll up and down through lists of content in XBMC one press at a time.

When I installed the MCE plugin, I gained smooth scrolling that speeds up the longer you hold the button down for. This is of course, how it's supposed to be. However, I notice some buttons on the MCE remote already have functions mapped to other actions (wrong for XBMC).

So I have two questions - either one could resolve my problems:

1) Is there a way to configure smooth scrolling when a button (eg up or down) is held down, when mapping remote inputs to keyboard presses? If so, how?

2) How can I disable ALL MCE inputs, except those that I manually map? (or just override those default ones with new keypresses that I map)
Yes, you will get the answer to your question number 1 by adding a delay. Take the already created delay in the keyboard emulation part and copy it to your XBMC part. I believe it is like .6ms or something.

If you want to get rid the anything in Ghost just right click and disable it.

Hope that helps a little.
Can someone please post a functional .xml for the mce remote?
It seems a bit unnecessary that everyone has to create their own xml for this.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Yes, you will get the answer to your question number 1 by adding a delay. Take the already created delay in the keyboard emulation part and copy it to your XBMC part. I believe it is like .6ms or something.

If you want to get rid the anything in Ghost just right click and disable it.

Hope that helps a little.

Cheers for your reply.

Unfortunately, that had the effect of repeating the action a number of times even with one press. Maybe it's something specific to my built-in IR receiver, or to my Harmony 525.

I did manage to identify the MCE buttons that were already mapped, disable them and re-map all the buttons. So I'm using the default settings for up / down / left / right to get the smooth scrolling, then individually mapped all other keys - seems to work absolutely fine and as expected now...hopefully no bugs will crop up under proper use / after reboots etc!
Anyone try a mediagate mce remote? It goes under different names, but looks like this....

Let me get this straight. I added the xbmc plugin and the mce plugin. On the left when I push a button on the remote, I should see an event happen. It does not. I just bought this thing a week ago, and learned how bad MCE was compared to XBMC, which I have been using on my Xbox for years. Anyway, if this remote does not work, what is the best remote to get for it?

Thanks,
BNB
F3d0r any progress on 64 bit remote drivers? [waiting patiently]
ptipton Wrote:Until the xbmc mythtv frontend project is finished I need to use both XBMC and Windows MCE 2005. With the standard XBMC for windows install this is a bit of a nightmare as when your in XBMC if you hit the wrong button by mistake ( eg Live TV, Guide etc) it fires up Windows Media Center.
The perfect situation for me would be to have the remote only work with XBMC when in XBMC with perhaps one button ( say the green button) that started MCE and if possible one button when in MCE that would fire up XBMC.
Would this be possible with Event Ghost? What I really want to avoid is messing up the remote in MCE as the family still use this a great deal for line TV.

I'm still struggling with this. What I need is to be able to control both Windows XP MCE and XBMC with the MCE remote, if anyone has done this I would appreciate some guidance. Thanks
linko Wrote:Can someone please post a functional .xml for the mce remote?
It seems a bit unnecessary that everyone has to create their own xml for this.

Hello everybody. This is my first post.

I am delighted with this soft. I have been using Media Portal for a while and, well, this is just amazing.

I am having some issues configuring the MCE. Some keys don't work (or I am too silly to make the right assignaments). IE, when I open a "info" window, there's no way to close it (I have tried with different options with no luck).

As linko says, could someone post a .xml already configured?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Broads Wrote:MCE remote moves cursor up / down / left / right

But no events are trapped in VISTA.. do I need to apply a different mce driver?

F3d0r Wrote:When enabling the Microsoft MCE Remote plugin make sure to check the "Disable HID service for this remote" option.

With this option it works with the standard Vista drivers.

same here on Vista32Bit and EventGhost_0.3.6.1483 and i checked the "Disable HID service for this remote" option and rebooted system
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO easily get MCE Remote working flawlessly in XBMC with EventGhost1