• 3(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO easily get MCE Remote working flawlessly in XBMC with EventGhost
Broads Wrote:F3d0r any progress on 64 bit remote drivers? [waiting patiently]

Yes, Vista64 is supported now, please have a look at the following thread:
http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...6284#p6284
jamesonmula Wrote:Hello everybody. This is my first post.

I am delighted with this soft. I have been using Media Portal for a while and, well, this is just amazing.

I am having some issues configuring the MCE. Some keys don't work (or I am too silly to make the right assignaments). IE, when I open a "info" window, there's no way to close it (I have tried with different options with no luck).

As linko says, could someone post a .xml already configured?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I think that's a known issue which should be fixed in build 15829
linko Wrote:I think that's a known issue which should be fixed in build 15829

Oh? really? So it's not just me... OK, I have started to think that I am a moron.
Anyway, if someone has an XML already configured (MCE + EventGhost for XBMC), could you please upload it?

I do not trust in myself very much Wink
F3d0r

Looks like I was on a wild goose chase, I tried the latest beta of event ghost with the 64bit drivers and still no luck. Seems there is a difference between MCE remote and VMC Remote (Vista Media Center Remote).

I don't suppose you know of any drivers in the works for this one?
HexusOdy Wrote:Hi f3d0r

I'm doing everything as instructed, I have the latest EG and XBMC plugin linked here and I've installed it to a folder in plugins.

Its shows up in the Plugin menu under "Other" but when I select it OK is greyed out.

In the events I get "Can't read __init__.py for plugin "XBMC". Can you help?

I am getting the same thing - any solution for this?
Here is my Eventghost XML file for the MCE remote

http://pastebin.com/f1af9b728

I used all KB commands to map
rernst Wrote:I am getting the same thing - any solution for this?

Sorry, found out that I was not running the latest version.

It's working now and it's *cool*. ;-)
afail Wrote:Here is my Eventghost XML file for the MCE remote

Dear afail,

thanks for your help. Works fine to me! I still can't close the info menus but I think this is going to be solved soon.

I ought you one!!!

a sticky on this type of content would be nice.
with some notations on verification with "x" remote.

ie. MCE remote RC6 - one of the most common remotes.

just a thought

i agree with other poster there is no reason everyone should be recreating this xml wheel if its been done successfully.

Thanks!
Thanks for posting this. I used this and added a Context Menu option and Home Screen option. I used the MceRemote.DVDMenu for the ContextMenu and the Green Button for the Home Screen. I am used to the Context Menu from XBMC for XBox.

Hopefully someone can help me.

1) I have a Philips SRM 5100.
2) If I press some of the buttons on the controller an event appears on the log, such as MceRemote.Down, etc.
3) However, some buttons do not generate a event on the log side. These buttons are:

-Back
-Info
-Guide
-Recorded TV
-Live TV
-Guide
-DVD Menu

Funny thing is, if I add the event MceRemote.Back to the a XBMC command then the log window identifies the button pressed. Question is what are the other events for the rest of the buttons. The only two I was able to find out was MceRemote.Back and MceRemote.Guide.

-G
I just started using Eventghost and so far it's been great. My only issue is that my cursor arrows (up, down, left, right) are sluggish. Also when I press and hold it goes at about 1/2 speed when scrolling through my movie collection. I have the button release timeout for the MCE plugin at .15 and autorepeat at.6. That's about as good as I've been able to get it but I am use to the XBOX remote on the original XBOX which is lightning fast in comparison. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!
Thought id give my input on this application Smile

I'm using XBMC-Windows on Vista Ultimate x64

The whole setup with EventGhost is absolutly flawless. No problems at all...

But, In the beginning, boy did I have some trouble! It probably took me 1-2 hours of reading, and trial/error, but I eventually got everything working Smile

Here were some issues I had, and how I solved them, which most of you probably knew

XBMC Plugin not getting added...
I simply had to delete the XBMC Plugin, then close EventGhost and add it again, and it was fine

Buttons getting pressed more then once (And increasing the Button Release Time-Out did nothing but make it worse)... I disabled everything but the plugins for XBMC and MCE Remote.

Certain Buttons (Such as the Main Green one) would activate stuff for XBMC and Vista MCE... I just disabled the whole Keyboard Emulation stuff, this way everything that was pressed with the remote only did stuff in XBMC, Not Windows or anything else

Couldn't get the Green Button to launch XBMC (Or it would atleas launch XBMC and Vista MCE)... Add Action > System > Start Application > XBMC.exe > Add Command -fs so itd launch in full screen

These problems have been discussed in the thread, but I thought id share my experience, love the program so much, made my XBMC-Windows experience 1,000x better Smile
MCP99999 Wrote:i checked the "Disable HID service for this remote" option and rebooted system

Where do you go to check that?

XBMC 11: EDEN | XBMC | HDDVD+Blu-Ray ISO playback & Blu-ray player
PC - HTPC CASE: APEX DM-318 Black Steel MB: ASUS M3N78-EM/NVIDA8300 | CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ RAM: 2gb DDR2 1066
HD: 70gb(System) DVDROM: LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray/HDDVD OS: Win7 | NAS: 3-terabytes(RAID 5)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO easily get MCE Remote working flawlessly in XBMC with EventGhost1