New to XBMC - Almost have everything working...
Hi I just switched to XBMC from VMC and it's so much better, glad to be rid of MS on all my computers now.

With that being said there's a couple things I still need to get working - I have googled and searched the forums but couldn't quite find an answer. I'm not sure this is the correct forum for these questions but ....

I have a MythTV backend set up on my fileserver (finally, MythTV was easily one of the fussiest pieces of software I've ever dealt with). I can stream TV and change channels with the built-in myth://. What I am wondering is which is better at this point, the built-in myth:// or the Python script I've been reading about? What are the pros/cons for each right now? And also which is the best way to get TV guide data working in XBMC?

Ok now I have my MCE remote working fine (ver2 Phillips) but I much prefer my XBOX 360 Universal DVD Remote control. I had it working in VMC as the USB receiver works for both remotes but I can't seem to get the receiver to pick anything up from the X360 remote in Ubuntu. I tried downloading an lirc.conf file from http://lircconfig.commandir.com/lircd.co...remote=337 for the X360 remote but when I set it up and run irw, it doesn't pick up any input. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how I can get Ubuntu to get data from this remote? I have no problem mapping the keys out or something like that I just don't know where to start.

Thanks!
Hi,

I've recently made the move from VMC to Linux XBMC myself also.
XBMC has been a dream, however Live and Recorded TV has been a nightmare.

Originally I was using the built-in MythTV integration that you have been using. However it was not reliable at all especially with fast-forwarding etc.

So for my current setup I have edited the skin files of XBMC to have a "LIVE TV" button which switches from XBMC to MythTV. To return to XBMC I have the green button on the media center remote programmed for this action. This setup has required multiple scripts, If you want some assistance setting up something similar I am willing to help.

I am still having issues with setup also; sometimes the system can freeze when switching between the applications. However, I do believe that at this stage this is the best integration of MythTV and XBMC. I have a fair few issues with my linux installation in general, so the problems I have mentioned are most probably due to this. I will likely be starting from scratch and will use this method of integrating MythTV and XBMC.

Good Luck. I am not very experienced with Linux and XBMC but feel free to ask me any questions.

Cheers,
Karl
Hey,
I'd definitely be interested in any help you can give me setting up some scripts to do what you have set up. If you could post any scripts/examples or how exactly you did it that would be great.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to XBMC - Almost have everything working...0