• 7(current)
IR / RF Remote Controls for Windows: Links to Explanations, Tutorials, and Guides
Hi Guys
I`m completely newcomer - i have found this program XBmc five days ago.
It`s really awesome

I have Harmony ONE

Unfortunately i have bought an RC-201 remote + ir receiver and of course ShockedAngryNo Angry

At least i managed to work all in that settings:
In XP run HIP http://www.byremote.com.au/HIP/Default.htm to receive ir command and translate them to keyboard command http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Global_Keyboard
after little problems i have thought Harmony commands from the RC-201
and voala

works fine

of course this thread i have found after
can i use the xbox 360 universal remote with the old xbox1 receiverHuh?
if not witch receiver will work with it?
thanx
Hi,

I have just one problem with the Xbox Remote on my Windows Vista System, that while holding the button down/up for scrolling in a list, that the scrolling stocks after 3 steps and start again.
And that some button press are interpreted as a double press.

I thought long time this is maybe due to the Windows driver V028 of the remote, eventghost or something, but i tried the exact same configuration on an other system and its working really fine like original on a xbox with fast scrolling.

This system is Win7 and than i tried it on an other Win7 system but there it is again like on the Vista System.

It seems that it is not a problem of xbmc but maybe its a problem of the way the data is given to xbmc by eventghost?

I couldn´t find a rule for it and tried many things with eventghost and comparing this 2 systems, but no luck so far. Maybe some USB Port problem?
Maybe someone has a idea where the problem is coming from?

Thats the last step missing at my system, a good working xbox remote, so help would be fine, thanks
sascho
Hi. Sorry if this has been answered before(I've seen it asked but never clearly answered)...

My standard tv remote has different modes for different devices. I want to use one for xbmc (which is running on my windows desktop). Can someone please provide a link to the cheapest kind of ir remote I can buy to do this please, just to give an example, assuming it's actually possible. I know I'd need to use Event ghost etc, but I've looked on eBay and google and on here and just can't find a cheap ir receiver that will def work. There are lots of cheap ones on eBay that say they are for data transfer between computers but I'm not sure if I could use them, so I'd love a link to a cheap example.

As an aside, I actually already have the xbox360 ir receiver from Scene It but I have found no info about any drivers to make that work. I prob also have the old xbox ir receiver but my soldering isn't up to much and I can't find a cable to convert it to USB (all cables seem to be other way round to make USB devices work on an old xbox) so I really just want a cheap USB ir receiver that will def work, and I'd rather not pay more for one that comes with a remote that I don't want.

Thanks guys. Hope that makes sense.
I just purchased intelliremote
Its seriously a very very good program you can get a free trial (100 button pushes)
http://melloware.com/download/
If you dont think its good I welome any abuse(pm only pls) Smile
Hi,

New to the forum so plz be gentle with me.

I have XMBC V9.11 installed on a Win7 x64 setup. XMBC itself works great and it is the best Media Centre I have used.

I bought a Emprex 3009URF III Remote because I wanted RF as my PC is in the hall. I can get most things to work out of the box except the "settings". I can get into settings and do whatever I need but I cannot exit the settings. Does not matter what button I press it will not exit.

Anyone any ideas or is there a reg hack that I can use with this remoteHuh

Thanks in advance.
@ OhBugger,

have you tried the "Back" button? usually works for me in PMIII skin, i would assume is similar for other skins.

if its not available for you, then maybe you will need to map it with your driver/software(external to XBMC). i do it with eventghost myself

regards,
Dam0
Nice guide to use a Logitech Harmony without any additional stuff like eventghost...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=5...post571238

add to first post?
vanMiez Wrote:Nice guide to use a Logitech Harmony without any additional stuff like eventghost...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=5...post571238

add to first post?

Maybe wait until I've made it a bit prettier and more complete. Rolleyes
If any one seeking an easy way to control XBMC see my Thread.

HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way "Registry config"

Just trying to show my support to the community as much as I can Big Grin
elitegamer360 Wrote:If any one seeking an easy way to control XBMC see my Thread.

HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way "Registry config"

Just trying to show my support to the community as much as I can Big Grin

Added to the first post, thanks (mentioned its for RC6 MCE remotes)
Does anyone know if it's possible to control XBMC without having the program focused? Like if someone was sitting on the couch and wanted to use XBMC while I worked on the same computer.

Currently I just use a button that focuses to XBMC. I know there is some sort of IR system in windows that can control things regardless of focus, or maybe there's a way to set up global hotkeys?

Let me know, thanks Smile
That I like to know too!
Of course, I use eventghost which will control specific XBMC controls regardless of focus.

Although you won't be able to multitask with XBMC open (unless its in windowed mode), as it automatically
minimizes when you click out of it.
RandomXBMCUser Wrote:Of course, I use eventghost which will control specific XBMC controls regardless of focus.

Although you won't be able to multitask with XBMC open (unless its in windowed mode), as it automatically
minimizes when you click out of it.

What he mentioned (at least what i ment, can only speak for myself) i don't want to use any other app like IR server or eventghost or what so ever.

I have an original MS MCE Remote and works fine. But is tehre any way to use it when it is out of focus?

Like he said: "...there is some sort of IR system in windows that can control things regardless of focus"
That's what at least I am looking for!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR / RF Remote Controls for Windows: Links to Explanations, Tutorials, and Guides7