screen ripples during movie playback
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this on their mac mini but using beta1 & 2 the screen ripples on odd occasions during video playback. Its just like horizontal sections of the screen are just shifted by a few pixels and the sections roll up the screen and flicker about. I dont see this behaviour in plex though even with the latest builds which I assume would be using the same base code. I have tried various render and upscaling settings but its always there. Any ideas?
Check Settings->Appearance->Screen and ensure that VSync is set to 'Always Enabled'.

EDIT: mwahaha!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Turn on VSync in Settings->Appearance->Screen.

EDIT: d4rk's faster on the reply button Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks guys, you were both on the money Smile
I was seriously concerned that AppleTv was not coping with decoding files quickly enough until I found the sync option - now happy as a pig in the proverbial.

Slow panning was causing awful artefacts.

Wink
My wife's Macbook Pro was doing the same thing plugged into the TV with S-Video... I just figured it was having trouble with the S-Video connection, but I'll have to go home now and enable V-Sync... Smile

Is there any chance of enabling it by default in future releases, or is there some reason it is disabled?
On new installs it should be enabled by default.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

I'm glad I found this out. I had been using Plex for a while because everytime I played back a Video in XBMC on my macbook it was doing that. Finally now I can just stay with XBMC. That was my only gripe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
screen ripples during movie playback0