⌘Q Please read
So I have some idea on why ⌘Q and ⌘H aren't working since XBMC is a "media center" and it follows the pattern from front row. HOWEVER, I fail to see how adding such functionality would hurt the user experience. AFAIK, it makes more damage not to have them. Every single OSX has these commands, and Mac users expect them.

Furthermore, at the very least, couldn't ⌘Q invoke ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu) ?

Also, XBMC can be used in windowed mode (which Front Row doesn't have) . In windowed mode a Mac user immediately expects these commands.

I think the lack of these basic window functions is hurting this app; it's just not Mac friendly. It feels awkward, it's alien. Every single app in OSX has ⌘Q.

The only reason Front Row doesn't have these functions is because it's treated like Expose or Dashboard which are system "services". Every other 3rd party app should include these commands, unless there is a very good reason not to.

I don't want to be disrespectful or anything, but if there is an argument to be made I'd like an open and fair discussion about this.

If this is coming soon, sorry for the rant, and please keep up the good work Wink
I also would like to mention ⌘F, which is almost a standard for full-screening players on the Mac.
Yes, agreed that common platform specific keyboard shortcuts should apply since XBMC runs in windowed mode as well.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

r15825 adds support for some of the common shortcuts like you described:
  • ⌘Q and ⌘W to close
  • ⌘H and ⌘M to iconize
  • ⌘F to toggle fullscreen
  • ⌘S to take screenshots (extra)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

d4rk Wrote:r15825 adds support for some of the common shortcuts like you described:
  • ⌘Q and ⌘W to close
  • ⌘H and ⌘M to iconize
  • ⌘F to toggle fullscreen
  • ⌘S to take screenshots (extra)

You just made XBMC for OSX a first class citizen. Awesome work Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
⌘Q Please read0