[APPLE TV] Screen resolution/ratio problems
Hi,

I'm running Atlantis Beta2 (Thanks devs!) and as with Atlantis 1, for some reason, I can not get the screen to display correctly.

- HDMI to HD TV
- Atlantis 2
- ATV 2.0

XBMC functions all right, and I've set the resolution to 1080i which makes the XBMC strech way beyond visable part of TV screen. Surely I tried calibrating, but it is me or whatever, I can't get it right. I can go up and down a 'little' bit and the square box I can stretch a 'little bit'. But not so that XBMC is displayed correctly. Also tried other resolutions, but that shows XBMC even worse and small....

I'm sure it's me, just need a little help or hint :-)

Thanks,
-HF
try 1280x720 (fullscreen) seems to fix the problem for many 1080 HDTV's
Turbinez,

Thanks for the reply, and it happens I was just doing exactly that. It displays alright now and that's ok... However, when I launch XBMC I see the startup XBMC logo and hear the startup sound, then it hangs at the XBMC logo. Whatever I do, no luck, not even 'clicks'... So hanged.

Tried rebooting the ATV a couple of times, but still the same. Is there a way to set the resolution 'manually' by editing 'some' file please?

Thanks,
-HF

** Can anybody tell me which XBMC file to edit to adjust screen ratio please?
xmbc doesn't seem to handle 1080i? It looks great in the meny-GUI but when I start a movie, the picture stretches too much. The reason I want to use 1080i instead of 720p is that my Samsung LCD doesn't play movies quite smooth when using 720p, don't know why...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] Screen resolution/ratio problems0