HOWTO FIX screen resolution resetting when display is turned off
OK guys this problem has been driving me nuts for months now and I can't be the only person. When I turn off my display (or switch to another input) my HTPC switches resolution back to 800x600 and I have to manually reset it when I change back. But I have finally found a solution :-D

The problem is with one of the Intel utilities that comes with the G35 drivers (and probably others). igfxpers.exe is the problem, so it is simply a matter of disabling this service (which is only responsible for automatic resolution changing anyway, a service with no HTPC needs).

To begin with, CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and kill the process manually. This is just to prevent the need to reboot to get rid of it.

Then, go Start -> Run and type msconfig. In the Startup disable the igfxpers.exe entry. Don't reboot when it asks.

Done! Your resolution will now stay at whatever you set it to! I hope this helps somebody.
Updating your G35 drivers should also do the trick, this was an old bug that I think was fixed several driver revisions ago.
thanks for the info! that was driving me nuts!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOWTO FIX screen resolution resetting when display is turned off0