XBMC restore
Hi,

I guess this one is for the 'devs'....

Is there the possibility to _restore_ XBMC. Update works perfectly fine, but when XBMC is disfunctional (for whatever reason) I would like to restore XBMC.

I believe the updater now checks if XBMC is already installed and loops back to the menu. Maybe a second level in there by means of the question:
'XBMC seems already to be installed. Would you like to restore XBMC? (This will wipe out all previous XBMC setting!!)' or something like that ;-)

Anyway, reason for asking is this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38613

Thanks,
-HF
pooh Wrote:Hi,

I guess this one is for the 'devs'....

Is there the possibility to _restore_ XBMC. Update works perfectly fine, but when XBMC is disfunctional (for whatever reason) I would like to restore XBMC.

I believe the updater now checks if XBMC is already installed and loops back to the menu. Maybe a second level in there by means of the question:
'XBMC seems already to be installed. Would you like to restore XBMC? (This will wipe out all previous XBMC setting!!)' or something like that ;-)

Userdata is never touched on any update. When you select uppdate, the XBMC.app is reloaded, but Userdata is not touched.

I think you are looking for a method to wipe Userdata. The only way right now is to ssh in and manually wipe it.
Wipe /Userdata as in deleting the entire dir including content pls? Meaning no more directory /Userdata?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC restore0