XBMC "BACK" verses the "ESCAPE" button?
ashlar Wrote:Put this in advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<navigatevirtualkeyboard>true</navigatevirtualkeyboard>
Edit: I've updated the wiki on this.
Well I'll be danged. When did that happen?!
kricker Wrote:Well I'll be danged. When did that happen?!
Lol... I don't know. Discovered it on the forums and when I saw you mention it remembered it wasn't in the wiki yet.
for me the best solution is to map (via eventgosth) the same key to "Parentdir" and "close" ( the windows that parentdir cant close, you cant use it. so close enter in action ) and i removed the "backskip" funcion!
Dudu.exe Wrote:for me the best solution is to map (via eventgosth) the same key to "Parentdir" and "close" ( the windows that parentdir cant close, you cant use it. so close enter in action ) and i removed the "backskip" funcion!
Can you explain that again? I'm a little confused as to what you said.
kricker Wrote:Can you explain that again? I'm a little confused as to what you said.
He maps a single remote key to both commands (Close and ParentDir). It appears to work correctly on everything save Weather, where it does nothing.
Dudu.exe Wrote:for me the best solution is to map (via eventgosth) the same key to "Parentdir" and "close" ( the windows that parentdir cant close, you cant use it. so close enter in action ) and i removed the "backskip" funcion!

Dialogs such as are used to set sources use parentdir while navigating to the source, I believe.
The backspace/escape related changes in #5710 have been committed as of r17511.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Dudu.exe Wrote:....( the windows that parentdir cant close, you cant use it. so close enter in action ) and i removed the "backskip" funcion!
I understood the first part. It's this phrase I'm not quite sure what is being said.
I'd like to add that the recent change is great. Much more intuitive this way.
I am not sure what would be involved (a simple keymap or a code change), but when using XBMC with a remote my first instinct is always to hit 'Back' (parentdir) when I am in a cancellable dialog.
That does not work, but hitting 'Menu' (PreviousMenu) will.
In my opinion 'Back' should work in these instances.
So like I said, what exactly would be involved?

<SelectDialog>
Has this:
<back>Close</back>
But that does not seem to apply.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I don't know when it was changed but for me "back" exits all dialogues. I haven't used "escape" or "menu" for weeks.
Can this same "effect" be done in the Eventserver commands? I am using Eventghost with the direct commands, and the "back" parentdir command does not close or go back from all.
hi all, i am running the current SVN and the back button now goes back on everything which is great. the one problem i am having though which is a tad annoying is when i am in say TV Shows i have to either press ESC to go to the home screen in one button or press BACK Several times to get back through the library and through the filter selection and then back out to the Homescreen. Is there any way to not go back to filter selection mode before going to the home screen.

I understand i can use the ESC key to jump to the home screen but i would like to try and just use the back button in one go if possible.

I use the dinovo mini keyboard and its the easiest key to use for this.

Thanks and hope that makes sense Sad
I just mapped the start button on my MCE remote to always go to the Home screen. Whenever I get stuck somewhere and back doesn't work that gets me out of it. Not great, but it works. It's not like I was going to use the big ol' green start button for something else Smile.
themugger: This is a property of the skin - which skin are you using?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC "BACK" verses the "ESCAPE" button?2