What's with the 'Video Scaling Method' / 'High Quality Software Upscaling' thingy?
Hitcher Wrote:High Quality Software Upscaling will override the OSD settings.

I have that turned off in video settings. However every time I play a video it's greenish. Now if I enter the OSD the "Interlaced" setting is always set to "Blend". This is the only setting that produces this greenish picture though. When I choose another one the picture's good and it stays good until I close xbmc. The "Interlaced" setting however is not saved so I have to do the same again after a restart.

Using ATI Radeon X1250, Driver 8.561.0.0 (01.12.2008) on Vista Home Premium 32 Bit SP1, and XBMC "pre-9.04 SVN unknown (Compiled: Dec 29 2008) "XBMCSetup-Rev16749-jester.exe". ATI hack is in advancedsettings.xml
I don't know why but all works now. I think all I did was restart windows. All's well now. Interlaced is now set to "Auto" and scaling method is "Bilinear". Render method is set to "Auto". Upscaling is turned off. Vsync is off in xbmc and set to always on in catalyst. Perfect video quality. Laugh

Don't know if it's related but cpu usage dropped significantly as well. It's now around 3-10% when playing videos (regardless which videos I play, dvds or avis)
DarkHelmet Wrote:I don't know why but all works now. I think all I did was restart windows. All's well now. Interlaced is now set to "Auto" and scaling method is "Bilinear". Render method is set to "Auto". Upscaling is turned off. Vsync is off in xbmc and set to always on in catalyst. Perfect video quality. Laugh

Don't know if it's related but cpu usage dropped significantly as well. It's now around 3-10% when playing videos (regardless which videos I play, dvds or avis)
Shouldn't you have XBMC set to "let driver decide" for vsync?
Also, what do the various Render Methods actually do?

ie Advanced Shaders (GLSL), Basic Render (ARB).
ashlar Wrote:Shouldn't you have XBMC set to "let driver decide" for vsync?

Honestly, I don't know what I should have. It was pure try and error until I got it done.

I also don't know what the various Render Methods actually do.
setting (or trying to set) scaling method to bicubic in osd causes video to freeze and audio to play in loop..
is this still an issue with some gpus? is it possible to change hardware scaling method by editing xmls?
i have a problem. if i turn on upscaling the screen goes fuzzy and green. had to turn ut off in settings, and all is fine. so i guess no upscaling for me, or is there a solution? would this also help with the video tearing?

im using:
windows xp pro sp3 (tinyxp bare)
atlantis 8.10 build
2GB ram
1.6 Dual core
dvi to hdmi converter to 32 inch LCD
Check your interlaced settings - I'm sure one of them made my screen go green.
d4rk Wrote:However, you are correct, these settings need to be consolidated and they currently are not, leading to confusion.

Any chance this may happen for Babylon?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's with the 'Video Scaling Method' / 'High Quality Software Upscaling' thingy?0