• 7(current)
themoviedb.org (TMDb) - The Open Movie Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)
Hi.
themoviedb.org scraper supports several localized things like title and overview. Now, TMDB support localized posters. Someone that want to take a look at it an import it if possible?

I'm running Dharma 10.1 and THDB v1.4.0 scraper.
//StarChild
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
StarChild Wrote:Hi.
themoviedb.org scraper supports several localized things like title and overview. Now, TMDB support localized posters. Someone that want to take a look at it an import it if possible?

I'm running Dharma 10.1 and THDB v1.4.0 scraper.
//StarChild

see above
StarChild Wrote:Hi. themoviedb.org supports Quicktime trailers. Now, quicktime trailers streaming is often more smooth then youtube trailers for me. So I wonder if someone want to import it in the scraper? And, if several trailers is available, a dialog to select what trailer you want to watch.

I'm running Dharma 10.1 and TMDB v1.4.0 scraper.
//StarChild

TMDB API is not returning this information currently.
Thanx for the replies.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
i'm not sure if this issue was discussed already, you're now unable to vote for posters other than the first one uploaded for a while now. anyone else noticed?
olympia Wrote:TMDB API is not returning this information currently.

true ive seen this too..whats the solution to this..even imdb doesnt seem to fetch any fanarts...whats the deal?No
I apologize if this bug has been reported already (I searched the thread and didn't see it):

Currently, whenever media is scraped that's still in rar format, the scraper never uses local poster thumbnails. It always defaults to super low res posters that it grabs seemingly at random from themoviedb.org (and by that I mean it consistently grabs some low rated garbage that's not even in English half the time). It seems to only happen with posters though and not fanart.

I like to use Ember Media Manager to download local hi-res posters (folder.jpg / movie.tbn files that reside in each movie folder) so I always want XBMC to use local posters, no matter what. And before you ask, yes I enabled "Use folder names for lookup" in the scraper settings. This has been driving me nuts for the longest time because I'd have to manually browse for the local poster file in XBMC for movies that were still rar'd. No amount of removing and re-adding the movie(s) to the Library would fix the problem. That is, until I unrar. Once it scrapes the actual mkv / avi file and not rar... BOOM! Instant high-res local poster hotness.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the scraper or XBMC itself. It happened with both Dharma and Eden releases and with different skins. The TMDB scraper version I'm currently using is 1.4.3
Suggestion for a future version:
several times when I have to upload 1500 scaraper's film happen that the server do not respond an I have to click Yes for continue the download. If You could add a countdown for an anutomatic retry maybe is better.
Am I the only one running into trouble with TMDB scraper working properly? The scraper is telling me there's an update available, but XBMC won't download and install it. Meanwhile, TMDB has stopped connecting for me too.
one800higgins Wrote:Am I the only one running into trouble with TMDB scraper working properly? The scraper is telling me there's an update available, but XBMC won't download and install it. Meanwhile, TMDB has stopped connecting for me too.

Right there with ya Higgins...
@onehiggens/jnecr:

Full debug log please, particularly while you're trying to install it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I've been having a couple of issues with XBMC & TMDB, and ive no idea really where the issues stem, but its getting to the point where im wondering if its even worth bothering to add content (not that i add much) on there when its so hit & miss getting it to show in XBMC.

Shortly after Xmas i added a few Football ('Sawker') related season reviews, and getting XBMC to detect them was bizarre. Then someone from the XBMC crew mentioned it needs a release date to even acknowledge it (:confused2: but whatever) so i added that, and its still hit n miss.

Now today ive come to plug the gaps in the F1 season reviews, and its more of the same, and when it does work its extremely selective in what data it sees.
If i search for the 2005 review, it finds it, however it opts not to collect the description & artwork, yet it gets the title and tagline Confused

I've basically added my F1 season reviews from 1990-2010, and ive got random titles like The 51st State (iirc US title is Formula 51?), Murder by Numbers, Formula 17, Kapitalism: Our Improved Formula, & Rules - Pyaar Ka Superhit Formula.
The TMDB search on the website seems quite capable of a decent search, and yet XBMC seems to make a right dogs dinner of it all, like rather than searching for all the terms provided (eg from 'Formula One 2005 Review') it uses Formula and 2005 and decides well rather than it being the EXACT match of one title, its some random foreign film made in 2005 with Formula in the title. But doing a manual search it wont see anything until i trim it down to 'Formula One' where it shows a handful, not not all titles.

It just makes it pointless adding it to the TMDB site if its actually quicker to let XBMC add it as nonsense and then manually edit the information using XWMM and pointing to the artwork i'd upload to TMDB.
As i say, no idea where some things are breaking down in the whole process, it could be a mixture, but its very frustraiting. :o I've no idea if its possible to add entries to the IMDB site like you can TMDB, thats what drew me to it tbh, it looks more friendly and built for things like XBMC (as I understand it is) rather than imdb which looks rather strict and covered in red tape and whatnot.
The reason is XBMC is interpreting "2005" as the year the film was made, and is likely rearranging things in the search or dropping information after the year (which makes sense for 99% of movie names that folk have - but not all!) The debug log will show you what's going on.

If you can find good test cases with matching logs that would be a good starting point to improving things.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yeah, i'd noticed it was using the year in the search and assuming it was the year of release.
The only problem is when:
'Formula One 2005 Review' = 'The Peter Pan Formula (2005)' when 'Formula One 2005 Review (2005)' should be whats found.

Its opted to cherry-pick 2 searchable terms, and despite the TMDB having a perfect match, for 4 from 4 terms (and matching year of release too) its going for a 2 from 4 film which is wrong.
Thats only when leaving XBMC to search for new content, when refreshing it'll usually come up with the incorrect title and sometimes another equally incorrect title. Doing a manual search doesnt like:
'Formula One 2005 Review.avi'
'Formula One 2005 Review'
or 'Formula One 2005'
it only brings results at 'Formula One' and that brings a load of F1 reviews and the usual suspects i dont want to be seeing.
It was exactly the same issue the other month, when trying to add Manchester United season reviews, i'd have to remove the vast majority of possible search terms for it to find anything remotely relevant, but it'd bring junk back. Why wouldnt 'Formula One 2005' work? It should be able to use the year for either title or release and bring at least 1 result, but it doesnt like it, and for the life of me i dont see why.

Log: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20670693/xbmc/xbmc_tmdb1.log

I closed XBMC down, loaded it up and left it to sit for 5min, and then went to update/refresh the 2000 season review, filename also a perfect match for the TMDB title (+ '.avi' extension) and after dumbing it down to get all F1 reviews, i picked the 2000 version and let it go to work. It didnt change anything, still missing poster, background, and description.
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/90580-fo...000-review

There are errors in the log from it, most notably:
20:41:50 T:7544 ERROR: WebServer: Failed to open special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/89cc9bf4.tbn
There is no file of that name, but im not 100% sure what that would be if it existed, and if it was related to the F1 review then i'd equally expect it to fail to open the poster too cos neither exist.
Just one question about movie certifications. I see that most of the spanish movies don't have their certification and I want to add it in order to be scrapped and displayed on XBMC but, which is the correct format? Here are some possibilities:
  • +18

I have checked a lot of movies in order to follow the same structure, but I didn't find any spanish certification...

Thanks!
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
themoviedb.org (TMDb) - The Open Movie Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)2