New ffmpeg libraries for those having problems since beta2 - please test
My jittery video was solved by this update - thanks
WiSo Wrote:Hi,

I've uploaded ffmpeg libraries for those having video issues with XBMC since beta2: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xbmc/ff...se_mirror=
Unzip and copy it to system/players/dvdplayer.

It's still multicore but I disabled RUNTIME_CPUDETECT which also caused trouble on Linux. Please test and report.

Thanks,
WiSo

Hi WiSO!

Would you like to share how you did compiled these? :-)
Sure. Everything you need can be found in our svn.

The mingw build environment: http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...nt/msys.7z

The build script to compile the dlls: http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...c_win32.sh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks for the update... worked for me

however it seems only my 720p movies/tv eps played all jerky... surprisingly my 1080p stuff played without a drama... probably something to do with the upscaler

anyway its all good now Big Grin
This seems to have made a big difference to most everyone who has tried it. At minimum, it hasn't seemed to have any negative effect.
Might we see this committed to the SVNs soon? Nod
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
I thought they were already in SVN when WiSo started this thread. If not, I'm sure he'll commit them shortly if he hasn't already.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Yes, I believe they are already in SVN. With change number 15838.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

tslayer Wrote:Yes, I believe they are already in SVN. With change number 15838.

Correct and 15837
Cool - Thanks!! Big Grin
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Hi all

I have updated these libraries and now DVDs works great, but my PC crash after a couple of minutes of reproducing 720p video file.

What can I do? I'm at work now, but as soon as I get my home, I can attach the logs.

I have a Semprom 2800 (oldie Smile ) and a GeForce 6200.

Thanks
Hi Guys,

These made no difference for me. Playing back SD AVI files still has issues with frames every time there is horizontal movement.
This made a noticeable improvement for me when playing 720p content.

The issue it solved was inconsistent frame rates - the frame rate seemed to drift up and down - almost like it was oscillating between 20% above and below the correct frame rate. When the picture was behind, it was like it would "self correct" and up the output frame rate to get back in sync, then drift behind again, catch up again then repeat the cycle over and over.

As far as the "tearing" people like HexusOdy are experiencing, I have seen that as well. For me, on my ATI Radeon X1200, the solution was to set the "Wait for vertical refresh" slider all the way to the "Quality" side instead of "Performance". Below the slider the caption now reads "Always On". This setting was under 3D -> All Settings in the Catalyst Control Panel.
This solved a few problems i had with out of sync audio with some files.... but video is still too jittery and sometimes i it stops at all for one or two seconds... (core 2, geforce 7900 and vista) ... this is quite strange as when i play the same stuff with for instance media player classic, i have absolutely no problems... hope there will be an update soon....
Hello,

First of all I'm very happy with this media player. I've been testing around some for my HTPC...
I tried the update but I have still a problem with some particular files which have no problem with VLC player, Windows media player and Media Player classic.

Problem 1: Problem is stuttering of the video and freezing while the audio plays
Some details:
video: DIV3, 640x360, frame rate: 23.977
audio: mpga, 48000 kHz, 128 kb/s

Problem 2: No playback at all, program stops responding:
Some details:
video: MP4V, 720x576, frame rate: 25.000
audio: mpga, 48000 kHz, 16bits, 1536 kb/s
Bene Wrote:Problem 1: Problem is stuttering of the video and freezing while the audio plays

I have exactly the same problem, but updating to the latest SVN release seems to help a lot. Now this happens only very rarely. Eek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New ffmpeg libraries for those having problems since beta2 - please test0