New ffmpeg libraries for those having problems since beta2 - please test
Exclamation 
Hi,

I've uploaded ffmpeg libraries for those having video issues with XBMC since beta2: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xbmc/ff...se_mirror=
Unzip and copy it to system/players/dvdplayer.

It's still multicore but I disabled RUNTIME_CPUDETECT which also caused trouble on Linux. Please test and report.

Thanks,
WiSo
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Well, i had certain artifacts, always in the same parts, in some TVShows and now there gone.
Thank U!

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Would I need to download this if I've just got the latest SVN?
Yes.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I was noticing some weird playback issues with beta 2 and this seemed to have fixed it. I was having slightly jerky and sometimes out of sync playback.

Specs are:
Athlon X2 3800+ CPU
Nvidia 6150 onbaord GPU
Definitely fixed all my playback issues with Beta2.. I was very close to going back to Beta1 because of all the frustrations.
Does this issue affect the xbox Beta2? (Seeing it's based on the linux branch). I haven't loaded it on to the xbox yet - not much point if it's broke Huh
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Does this affects the subtitles?

I think the size of the subs changed.

Also, sometimes after a two line sub, it doesn't seem to remove the subs all at once, leaving the 2nd line a bit longer on screen (much less than a sec), even after showing the next one if it's a 1 line sub.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
No solution for heavy judder playing back 24fps material at 48Hz (there should be none, it should be silk smooth, being a direct multiple of the frame rate).
Are these codec able to play real media ?
Thumbs Up 
Just thought i would let you know that I thought i had found a bug in Beta 2, where "High Quality Software Scaling" was causing CPU usage to be higher (~50% on each core) than it should be on my E6300. Did not matter which type of scaling was used i.e. Bicubic etc.Huh

But having tried these new libraries CPU usage has returned to normal levels (0-4% for Bicubic,15% Lanczos,30-40% Sinc) during playback.

Thanks.Big Grin

Ps. Gained ~3fps since Beta 1 on the killa.sampla.x264.mkv file!
I was experiencing a high level of tearing on horizontal pans (and some on vertical) while trying to watch HD avi content on Beta 2 (10-06-08) to the point of being almost unwatchable. This took care of the issue entirely. Thank you very much!! Big Grin
Yes! I had really bad jerky video on Beta2 but this fixed it!
Geforce 6200 VGA to a LG plasma 1280x768@60Hz

Thank you! Big Grin
I had problems in Beta2 with a couple of tv show episodes. Symptoms were tearing and eventually audio/video going out of sync. Problems are gone with the new libraries Smile
Same as most, I was having issues with certain shows but now it is all running perfectly. Thank you for the update!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New ffmpeg libraries for those having problems since beta2 - please test0