• 10(current)
Minimalko's MediaStream Mod skin release
vw59rag Wrote:Hi and hello,

long long time reader, on and off on xbmc, but im back again. Big change from the very first generation of xbmc.

I just registered to thank you for all you work mini. Im amazed how much time and effort you put in it and patience you show to people like me who is a not so techie about things.

I love the skin and keep it up. Happy t-giving to you and your family.

Thank you, but the real thanks should go to Team RazorFishNod, I just tweaked few of their views
Hey I have my sticky now Smile Thanks to whoever did this.
minimalko Wrote:Hey I have my sticky now Smile Thanks to whoever did this.

No problem, been meaning to do it for a while. Nod
Hi Not sure this is the best place to post this but,
I have just uploaded a XBOX Friendly version to
http://www.mediafire.com/?ttmiymz2tzz

It's about 8mb and includes minimalko's mediastream mod + light textures.
and all New backgrounds have been Included.
you should see no difference on a 4/3 screen but it will look rough on a hd screen.
I have tested this on my xbox using fanart with both filmstrip and episode stream with no problems.
Just unrar the complete package to your skins folder.

Thanks to team razorfish for a great skin and thanks to minimalko for a great mod.......Big Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
If you have problems downloading this file either pm me or email me and i can forward you a copyBig Grin
paul Wrote:Update?
to get it goto Filefactory.com and click on link checker then paste this link into the box <a href="http://www.filefactory.com/file/1ad2a4/n/Textures_xpr">Textures.xpr</a><br />

This will then let you download it for free.....Huh

Thanks
minimalko Wrote:Thanks

Your wellcome...
do you plan on updateing your mod to version 1.00 of mediastream?
I do hope so i had thought of trying to do it myself but i am not too good at
writing .xml.
paul Wrote:Your wellcome...
do you plan on updateing your mod to version 1.00 of mediastream?
I do hope so i had thought of trying to do it myself but i am not too good at
writing .xml.

Currently I am still adding new features to my mod. Porting it to v 1.0 wont be easy as many different xmls and their bits have been changed. I was rather thinking of porting best bits of v 1.0 to my mod. Any suggestions?
minimalko Wrote:Currently I am still adding new features to my mod. Porting it to v 1.0 wont be easy as many different xmls and their bits have been changed. I was rather thinking of porting best bits of v 1.0 to my mod. Any suggestions?
I assumed it would not be easy which is why i have not attempted to try it myself.
though i had not thought of takeing some of the best bits out of v1.00?

The reason why i asked in the first place was because there version one works better than any previous versions on my xbox even before i hacked the textures pack.

But i have no idea how to import the Film strip And episode stream Views into it.
Skinners / modders in my oppinion don't get enough credit for there time and effort.
paul Wrote:I assumed it would not be easy which is why i have not attempted to try it myself.
though i had not thought of takeing some of the best bits out of v1.00?

The reason why i asked in the first place was because there version one works better than any previous versions on my xbox even before i hacked the textures pack.

But i have no idea how to import the Film strip And episode stream Views into it.
Skinners / modders in my oppinion don't get enough credit for there time and effort.

Filmstrip and episodestream is the easiest of them. I was thinking of porting only those as mediastream already has wall stream of their own.
this mod looks amazing. I can't wait to try it out. I currently have mediastreamv1.0 so will wait till hopefully a new release Wink
jmadonald Wrote:this mod looks amazing. I can't wait to try it out. I currently have mediastreamv1.0 so will wait till hopefully a new release Wink

You can download it as a full skin from minimalko's last response but it is based around .97 of mediastream so if you had problem with that then you might have the same problems with the mod.
But it is worth trying out as i think it makes mediastream even betterBig Grin
Yeah, I downloaded it and will push it over to play with it.

I sure love the weather pack with the latest mediastream, does .97 support that as well?
jmadonald Wrote:Yeah, I downloaded it and will push it over to play with it.

I sure love the weather pack with the latest mediastream, does .97 support that as well?

Since you're changing the skin yourself to make it work anyway, it doesn't matter what skin version you use, it only matters what XBMC you use. Since I assume you have it working already, you should be fine.
timdog82001 Wrote:Since you're changing the skin yourself to make it work anyway, it doesn't matter what skin version you use, it only matters what XBMC you use. Since I assume you have it working already, you should be fine.

I take your point but to make it work on xbox i have had to really strip down the graphics and i have found that version 1 is uses about 2mb less memory than V.97 at least it does on mine and every mb countsWink
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimalko's MediaStream Mod skin release3