• 4(current)
Minimalko's MediaStream Mod skin release
I would love to test on my Xbox. but like so many other my xbox is on a 4x3.
Rainbow 
I have been on vacation for the past week....however I want to install this on my xbox. I will report back once i am home and can tinker around with it.

Looks amazing....

Thanks in advance...my fingers are crossed.

-achoke
minimalko Wrote:Comon guys is there really no one who tested version 2 on XBOX?I Did this for you.

I need some feedback!

I'll test on Xbox (720p) and post the results here. Great Mod for a Great Skin Nod

EDIT: Show nice (no Black textures and backgrounds) but doesnt work. Same old memory problem. When I try to play a movie, nothing happens... Only a few views works here using MediaStream (with fanart @ 1024x640 and thumbs @ 256px) using lite ver.
Default "Media Preview" view do that too.

Sad

Well... I'll stick with Showcase and Info List view for now. Works perfect here.
maui917 Wrote:Although there is one thing I don't love about it, and that is the movie title location, it just seems really cramped down in the corner and always scrolls. I'd love to see it out of a box and just below the center movie thumb, but that's just me. Big Grin

minimalko Wrote:The first version of filmstrip had info under the poster but it seemed too much like AEON which i didnt want. Might add it as an option.

How about dropping the filmstrip slighty (thus removing up the empty space at the bottom and showing more fanart) and have the details along the top bar like this -

Hitcher Wrote:How about dropping the filmstrip slighty (thus removing up the empty space at the bottom and showing more fanart) and have the details along the top bar like this -

Noo! Showing more fanart is a sin!! Media stream will be doomed!! Laugh Laugh

j/k Wink that looks great, very clean, sexay.
I am now home and using my pc directly instead of remote connection and still unable to DL from rapidshare. It gets to 11 percent no matter what server I use as the DL server. Any post this to another site to be downloaded??

TIA!!
I love it all, these mods are making MediaStream so damn sexy!! I also love the simplicity of the Filmstrip without the info panel, lets me focus on the fanart, and really to me thats the most important. If I want more info I can hover for 1-2 seconds and then it pops up or I hit info either or. Beautiful!!

Now *hmmmm AEON, specifically the modded version has the Movie posters surrounded in what looks like a DVD case, also the album art in music is in a CD case, I think this is pretty slick.

Any chance of seeing a mod like this or something close?
Remember, this is MediaStream not Aeon. Making a mod that makes MediaStream look like Aeon is a bit bizarre really, just use Aeon? Huh
Abeerdrinker Wrote:I am now home and using my pc directly instead of remote connection and still unable to DL from rapidshare. It gets to 11 percent no matter what server I use as the DL server. Any post this to another site to be downloaded??

TIA!!

added mirror just for you in the first post
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Remember, this is MediaStream not Aeon. Making a mod that makes MediaStream look like Aeon is a bit bizarre really, just use Aeon? Huh

Minimalko, I just re-read my comment above and wanted to let you know that it wasn't a dig at you or your mod but aimed at the users that have been requesting changes to MediaStream and your mod to make it more Aeon-like. Big Grin
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Minimalko, I just re-read my comment above and wanted to let you know that it wasn't a dig at you or your mod but aimed at the users that have been requesting changes to MediaStream and your mod to make it more Aeon-like. Big Grin

No problem, I got you there.Nod As to the suggested changes I totally second your opinion. I wouldnt implement them for two reasons:
1. As much as I was inspired by aeon I wanted to keep it mediastream like
2. I prefer not to have real world objects in skins (eg. cdcovers, dvdcovers) Maybe it is just me but I feel there is no proper place for them in virtual mediacenters. To me it is like having fireplace or aquarium on screen.
Aeon has FanArt support for music?
That is Horizonz, not Aeon, that I see in those screenshots... hahaha... mods looking good... real impressed... keep up the good work!
minimalko Wrote:Thanks for feedback, unfortunately I cant help much with Plex as I never owned MAC. Please post screenshots, i will see what I can do.

Hi minimalko,

Here are the two screenshots of the bugs that show up when using the latest version of your mod with PLEX (one of the xbmc versions available for mac). Let me know if I can do any more testing, would be happy to help Smile

1. the movie info does not show up on top of the cover

2. the movie covers only start in the middle and don't show up on right side (or vice versa when the text box is on opposite side)

johnny utah Wrote:Hi minimalko,

Here are the two screenshots of the bugs that show up when using the latest version of your mod with PLEX (one of the xbmc versions available for mac). Let me know if I can do any more testing, would be happy to help Smile

1. the movie info does not show up on top of the cover

2. the movie covers only start in the middle and don't show up on right side (or vice versa when the text box is on opposite side)
Hi Johnny,

Honestly, I have no clue why this is happening. Plex is whole new project based on XBMC fork, thus the skinning engine or something else works differently there (as you can see). Does it also happen with XBMC for MAC? Just out of curiosity what is the difference between those two?

Anyways I am afraid you will have to ask for help in PLEX forums. I would love to help but changing the XML code without testing it and seeing what I am doing seems pretty pointless/desperate.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimalko's MediaStream Mod skin release3