Video thumbnails not displayed
Hey, someone throw me a rope here!
Getting the web content to show up is driving me nuts. I decided to start from scratch and factory restore ATV, update to 2.2, patchstick, loader and the install beta 2.

I also reinstalled XBMC for my mac.

Still no web content could be scraped on my atv from imdb even though connected to the internet def ok, seeing my video content on my mac via upnp.

Anyway, i exported my library xml from my mac and transfered it to my atv and then imported. this enabled library mode but still not able to scrape imdb so i exported all of the thumbnails from my mac to my atv using Fugu. I'm 100% i put the thumbnails in the correct directory on my atv.

Anyway, i've noticed that I have the descriptions for my video files showing on my ATV which i'm guessing is part if the library xml but still no thumbnails.

If ANYONE can please suggest anything to get the thumbnails & Fanart etc showing on ATV I'd be very grateful.
A couple of notes:

1. Thumbs are cached based on the filepath to the video, so they'll only match across machines if you use the same way to access files on both machines. I suspect you're not (upnp on the ATV, local on the mac).

2. There's no particular reason why lookups shouldn't work just fine on ATV. What happens when you attempt to do a Movie Information lookup? Can you do a "Get Thumb" at that point?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:A couple of notes:

1. Thumbs are cached based on the filepath to the video, so they'll only match across machines if you use the same way to access files on both machines. I suspect you're not (upnp on the ATV, local on the mac).

2. There's no particular reason why lookups shouldn't work just fine on ATV. What happens when you attempt to do a Movie Information lookup? Can you do a "Get Thumb" at that point?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathon,

Thank you so much for getting back to me

1) Correct upnp on the ATV, local on the mac. Can/should I upnp on the mac to my video folder?

2) What i have found is that once i've imported the library xml that enables library mode (still no thimb) but if I do a Movie Information Lookup and "Get Thumb" the thumb will appear. HOWEVER, in library mode the movie won't play (I'm guessing because the path in the imported xml is referring to my mac not the ATV)

What i just cannot understand is why the scrape on my atv doesn't work. i've factory restored to ensure that i haven't missed a setting somewhere. Works fine on the MAC but just won't on the ATV. The ATV def has internet connectivity as it can pull down apple movie trailers 9from within XBMC no problem)

Any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video thumbnails not displayed0