Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H Integrated Audio Not Working
I am not a regular user of the Live branch but in an attempt to test a ubuntu 8.10 amd64 install I tried it last night. I have the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard and it seems to have problems with the audio, as in no sound what so ever except for buzzing in the speakers. I am just bringing this up if anyone else is planning on using this motherboard it might behoove the purchaser to consider a non-integrated sound card.

Myself...I am going with a Creative labs card i just cannot deal with the crappy quality of the integrated card.

JKing
I have the same motherboard and no problem with the built in audio. Have you checked so that you have IEC958 in the outputs?
In fact compared to the other soundcards in the ALC88X family, ALC889 is one of better integrated soundcards.
I've got the Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H with ALC889A and it works fine
with analog or S/PDIF (optical) sound. Had to enable iec958 in alsamixer to get analog sound via S/PDIF.
Thanks i have since gone with a Sound Blaster live and it works very well. I do believe I have a hardware problem with the integrated card. I constantly have a buzzing and popping from the speakers when using the integrated card. I am considering exchanging this one for another of the same to see if I receive the same problems.

JKing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H Integrated Audio Not Working0