TheTVDB.com (TheTVDB) The Open TV Show Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)
Information 
TheTVDB.com an open database for television fans Big Grin

TheTVDB.com is an free and open database community driven wiki-type site that can be modified by anybody who registers an account.

All content and images on the site have been contributed by our users.

This site also has a full XML API that allows other software and websites to use this information. The API is currently being used by XBMC Media Center TVDB scraper.

http://www.thetvdb.com

The database schema and website are open source under the GPL, and is available at SourceForge.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
We're aware the site is running really slow the last 24 hours and are trying to figure it out. It looks like it might be a combination of a couple things. Hopefully we'll have a temporary fix later today and a permanent fix this week. Sorry folks. Sad
TheTVDB.com is having a small logo/slogan design contest for anyone that is interested:
http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=896

Small prizes... nothing special, but your design/slogan would be visible to hundreds of thousands of visitors each month. Smile
Site down at present moment? Huh
Intel NUC Skull Canyon - Windows 10 Pro - Kodi 18
VU+ Solo2 - Canal Digital/CMore Max
Samsung UE65KS9005 Pro Calibrated
TheSwede1970 Wrote:Site down at present moment? Huh

actually it looks like that, yes.

scraper settings takes ages to come up (set content dialog) and website is not responding.

also scraping does not work.
cheers,azido :;):
hi there guys i have having the same issue thetvdb is taking ages to do anything, have tied to goto the wed site images.thetvdb.com but its timing out has a fix been found yet
mark95: This is a problem at our end, not there's. You need to either refresh your shows or do a search and replace on your database file.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

How is it a problem with XBMC? Their website doesn't work full stop... :S
Quote:One of the customers at that location turned up 9 blades last night and blew 2 circuits. They've been working since late last night trying to resolve the issue. The new circuit won't be installed until Monday. We'll know more in a bit.

If it ends up being Monday, CrazzyKid is going to move the server to his new datacenter today. He'd then set up the old location as a mirror for both the current site and the new site. If we do need to move the site, I'll have to make a DNS update to the new IP address accordingly. Then it would be up to everyone to clear their DNS cache to find the new site, or wait however long for the record to update. In expectation of this, I'm lowering the TTL for the DNS record to 300 seconds (from 86400). This will apply for the rest of the weekend. Should speed up resolution for some people.

In a nutshell: either later today or Monday. Sorry, folks. The good news is that we wanted to move to the new datacenter at some point anyway. Smile

You can follow the thread HERE
The Guv. Wrote:How is it a problem with XBMC? Their website doesn't work full stop... :S

Correct, but jm is still right. That poster is using an outdated scrapers file that references images.thetvdb.com. Once our new server is up and running that won't be valid anymore, so he should still get the latest version. Smile
Have you guys ever considered allowing scene release names to be added to episodes? Maybe like a separate field listing all known filenames?

This would totally negate the need for (sometimes) inaccurate scrapping, pattern matching etc.

Just a thought.
FNi31 Wrote:Have you guys ever considered allowing scene release names to be added to episodes? Maybe like a separate field listing all known filenames?

This would totally negate the need for (sometimes) inaccurate scrapping, pattern matching etc.

Just a thought.

I don't think we want to be linked that closely with possible sources of infringing material...
Actually, we have. There are one of two methods that will handle scene releases better without us actually listing releases, since we're not interested in that.

1. File hashes. We may allow file hash lookups, so it would be an exact lookup of a specific file. This would work well for legitimate downloads as well (like those from iTunes). Wouldn't work nearly as well for self-recorded episodes.

2. Series AKA. If people add the scene directory name as the AKA for a series, it's very easy to do exact lookups. I have no problem with this since it has alternate legitimate uses, like giving an easy, unique alternate for file naming schemes.

On the new site, and it'll have to be handled by XBMC at that time as well (I'm sure they'd accept a patch).
szsori Wrote:Actually, we have. There are one of two methods that will handle scene releases better without us actually listing releases, since we're not interested in that.

1. File hashes. We may allow file hash lookups, so it would be an exact lookup of a specific file. This would work well for legitimate downloads as well (like those from iTunes). Wouldn't work nearly as well for self-recorded episodes.

2. Series AKA. If people add the scene directory name as the AKA for a series, it's very easy to do exact lookups. I have no problem with this since it has alternate legitimate uses, like giving an easy, unique alternate for file naming schemes.

On the new site, and it'll have to be handled by XBMC at that time as well (I'm sure they'd accept a patch).
I really like the file hashes idea, can't wait to use it.

Any ETA on the new TVDB?
Nope.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB.com (TheTVDB) The Open TV Show Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)4