Meligrove.com - Movies and Music Artists FanArt Backdrops
onesojourner Wrote:I think there should be some way to vote off some back drops. Most of the stuff is good but some of it is not worth the bandwidth it takes to look at it. Is there any way that there can be a voting system to get rid of the junk?

The new site is going to have a lot more features, and moving forward this is something that can easily be added.

I'll probably be announcing the soft launch of the new stuff later today so keep your eyes open. Oh, and before anyone asks, XBMC will still work. We'll be working with the scraper guys to have the new site implemented in the next beta.
travisbell Wrote:The new site is going to have a lot more features, and moving forward this is something that can easily be added.

I'll probably be announcing the soft launch of the new stuff later today so keep your eyes open. Oh, and before anyone asks, XBMC will still work. We'll be working with the scraper guys to have the new site implemented in the next beta.

sounds amazing... keep the good work up... bet the new sites going to be amazing...
I feel like were lacking other backdrops, like settings and stuff. All I found online for 1080p settings backdrops were old torrents with no seeds and 720p backdrops. hopefully a new backpack will drop around aeon stark time.
CASHMON3Y Wrote:I feel like were lacking other backdrops, like settings and stuff. All I found online for 1080p settings backdrops were old torrents with no seeds and 720p backdrops. hopefully a new backpack will drop around aeon stark time.

thats true... but i doubt that'll be any time soon... so, my dear mate... google image search it is for us mere mortals... lol... settings backdrops are always tricky in my opinion...
xb2iris Wrote:thats true... but i doubt that'll be any time soon... so, my dear mate... google image search it is for us mere mortals... lol... settings backdrops are always tricky in my opinion...

What's up with this site? Seems like a great idea but the search doesn't work (saw the post about this) and You can' even just browse the artwork. Unless it is new you can't get it...No
xb2iris Wrote:thats true... but i doubt that'll be any time soon... so, my dear mate... google image search it is for us mere mortals... lol... settings backdrops are always tricky in my opinion...
Lol, settings are the hardest ones. All I can find in highres is a crap picture of 3 gears. Lol.
CASHMON3Y Wrote:Lol, settings are the hardest ones. All I can find in highres is a crap picture of 3 gears. Lol.

hahaha... i got some weird ass futuristic image with a electronic arm burning something onto a disc... that doesn't make any sense does it... but yeah, settings are a pain... maybe i'll just get the fanart for mission impossible and use that as a settings backdrop!
smcnally75 Wrote:What's up with this site? Seems like a great idea but the search doesn't work (saw the post about this) and You can' even just browse the artwork. Unless it is new you can't get it...No

Backdrops are going to be moving to themoviedb.org, we're just not quite done yet.

Searching works there but backdrops are NOT syned 100% to Meligrove yet. That will be done a little later once tmdb is more mature.
I've been poking around on tmdb and I really love the new site, being able to edit abstracts etc is great, basicly like thetvdb.com it's awesome. I take it a scraper is in the works? or at least provisioned for?
Hey Freddo,

Once we have finished the API I am sure we'll get plugged into XBMC. We're just busy bug squashing and first making sure the system is scalable enough to last the test of time. We don't want to invest all this time and have it go down again Big Grin
cool as long as its on the cards then it's worth my time to maintain entries for movies I like. Is there any chance of supporting multiple posters per movie soon? I really want to upload some alternate ones.
It's definitely in the cards and like I mentioned, we're building this one to last.

Multiple posters is a tricky thing... It on the list but not for a while. By all means though, if you think the poster you have is better replace it. I don't think anyone will mind, just make sure the postal is an official Big Grin
Yeah I guess, I don't know if its better or just different, it's a matter of opinion really that's the thing. I'll just keep it stored locally for now but when support goes in I can share the wealth Laugh
Continuing discussion should happen here.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Meligrove.com - Movies and Music Artists FanArt Backdrops2