[ATV] Help?
Im pretty sure ive followed all steps correctly.. im running an atv with 2.2 and the patchstick seems to be made correctly. It shows tux sitting on a atv and goes through its steps. the final lines of text are about it being completed and unplug to reboot. I follow the steps but it still seems to have normal atv firmware.. no xbmc and i havent been able to ssh in. any ideas or help?

p.s. i tried unplugging the usb and rebooting.. leaving the usb in and rebooting... fresh factory resets every time. i dont know what im over looking.
thanks Oo
realityengine Wrote:Im pretty sure ive followed all steps correctly.. im running an atv with 2.2 and the patchstick seems to be made correctly. It shows tux sitting on a atv and goes through its steps. the final lines of text are about it being completed and unplug to reboot. I follow the steps but it still seems to have normal atv firmware.. no xbmc and i havent been able to ssh in. any ideas or help?

p.s. i tried unplugging the usb and rebooting.. leaving the usb in and rebooting... fresh factory resets every time. i dont know what im over looking.
thanks Oo

Did you select atv-bootloader or atv-patchstick when creating the patchstick. The symptoms sound like an atb-bootloader creation which would give a "penbunutu" login prompt.

But you mention "final lines of text are about it being completed and unplug to reboot", atv-patchstick does that.

Need more info, like the exact messages.
it was definately patchstick. no errors showed up on the tv. its final lines were to unplug the atv to reboot and to ssh in to check for any error logs.

other than that, there were no distinct messages.. just the scrolling text when it reads from the usb.. unplug usb, reboot, loads into atv like nothing has been changed..no new features, no ssh ability=(
realityengine Wrote:it was definately patchstick. no errors showed up on the tv. its final lines were to unplug the atv to reboot and to ssh in to check for any error logs.

other than that, there were no distinct messages.. just the scrolling text when it reads from the usb.. unplug usb, reboot, loads into atv like nothing has been changed..no new features, no ssh ability=(

Very strange, if you see the text to unplug the atv to reboot then patchstick.sh is running and was fetched from the patchstick, the payloads are on the patchstick too and since you saw no errors regarding installing the four items, they must have installed.

Is this a virgin AppleTV OS 2.2?
This was a launch model that has been upgraded to 2.2 firmware. since the instructions say to install patchstick once or youll have to factory restore, every time i try and nothing changes, i factory restore and upgrade just to be safe ( ive tried installing patchstick with the original firmware as well just to make sure)
If need be, i can take screen caps with my phone or something and post them.
realityengine Wrote:This was a launch model that has been upgraded to 2.2 firmware. since the instructions say to install patchstick once or youll have to factory restore, every time i try and nothing changes, i factory restore and upgrade just to be safe ( ive tried installing patchstick with the original firmware as well just to make sure)

Mixing versions. "launch mode", not sure what you mean.

atvusb-creator is at b3, which one are you using?

XBMCLauncher is at 0.2 (via XBMCLauncher update)
XBMC for Mac is at beta2 (via XBMCLauncher update)
the launch model had 1.0.

i am using atvusb-creator-1.0.b3.tar.gz
bump.
realityengine Wrote:bump.

bumps not required, thank you. I respond when I check the forums and sometimes I'm busy and the check cycles are longer.

I want to see the final screen during the boot of the patchstick. So take a picture and paste it to an image side and post the URL here.
oh, sure thing. i didnt know about the bump.. i figured with the amount of traffic here, topics would get lost easily.

thanks again
This patchstick is not installing any packages.

Right after "create staging directory for install scripts"

you should see

"installing binutils"
"installing dropbear"
"installing BoxeeLauncher"
"installing XBMCLauncher"

Then

"script installation successful"

followed by

"Please unplug your Apple TV...."

I don't think you have any plugins or packages selected in when you ran atvusb-creator.
Let me try recreating it.
Well, i tried different settings on the usb creation.. it worked=) im doing an upgrade on xbmc right now. i havent run it yet, but im pretty sure im in the clear. thanks for everything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] Help?0