Choosing a remote profile for my universal remote
Hey guys, this might be best for the lirc mailing list, but I've always seen great responses here...

I've got a handful of Philips SRU8112 Universal remotes I plan to hand out to friends and family I've setup xbmc installs for. Currently I have them programmed to emulate the Samsung remote that came with my Plasma. There are a couple of issues with this.
1. Not all buttons on my universal remote are mapped and send out a signal
2. Many buttons conflict with the tv itself

What I am looking for is a remote out there that already has an lirc conf file available that has a ton of buttons on it. Also, looking for something that won't conflict with Samsung, Onkyo, Phillips or Sony devices already in our setups.

Anyone have any suggestions of a remote profile that I can use?

Thanks
Hi all, still looking for ideas on this one. I was thinking a DVR or Directv remote would be a good one to emulate. They have a lot of buttons and functions.

Anyone have a model number of a remote that is already mapped in lirc that I can use and set my universal remote to?

thanks
Am I missing something... Does the remote have an MCE option? If so use that, very little config needed.

If you don't have a MCE profile... I would just use a random DVR code, they usually use a lot of buttons. Some remotes will beep or click when a button is actually sending a signal or you may have a device that lights up when any IR signal is being read... either way... setup a random profile, press buttons and confirm a sig is coming out of each press...

If you have a remote setup on your xbmc install... you can run irw (I think its that), which will show received signals too...
Nope, no option for MCE, not that I can figure out at least. Thats why I was hoping to find another device to mimic.

I grabbed a handful of these remotes from Woot a while back for family/friends that I setup xbmc for so I'm hoping to avoid the learning feature for each one. I'd rather do a bit of lirc work that I can copy to each system...

ideas?

Thanks
Right, I'm along the same lines... a random DVR code... but was hoping someone could suggest a model of a DVR remote that already has an lirc config mapped to it...

I went looking through the lirc codes for sony/philips/rca etc looking for a generic one to use, but didn't find any with more than just a handful of buttons mapped...

Is everyone out there using an MCE profile with their remotes? I was thinking this would be a common issue...
I dont have a phillips configuration file but i have posted hex and lircd.conf here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=606919&postcount=8

Not sure if your remote software supports importing hex..

If you do convert it to a pcf or ccf, make sure to post it so they are all in one place!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choosing a remote profile for my universal remote0