appleTV v 2.2 problem with hebrew subtitles(XBMC or NitoTV) - need help
good day to you all in the greatest forum ever
i had until last week ver 2.1 and i had no problems out of the box to see hebrew subtitles in nitoTV
now i upgraded to ver 2.2 and installed xbmc
but now when i want to see some video (in nitoTV or XBMC) and i put the subtitle in the video folder with the same name i see the subtitles but it's in gibberish
i tried to do everything but nothing happened
maybe it's something with ver 2.2 ?
this is the first time i have this problems

please i need to solve it

thanks
james341 Wrote:good day to you all in the greatest forum ever
i had until last week ver 2.1 and i had no problems out of the box to see hebrew subtitles in nitoTV
now i upgraded to ver 2.2 and installed xbmc
but now when i want to see some video (in nitoTV or XBMC) and i put the subtitle in the video folder with the same name i see the subtitles but it's in gibberish
i tried to do everything but nothing happened
maybe it's something with ver 2.2 ?
this is the first time i have this problems

You mention the version of the AppleTV OS but what about the version of XBMC for Mac that is running on the AppleTV. Is this beta1 or beta2?
sorry about that
it's beta 2
Just like on any other platform XBMC for Mac does not come with Unicode font. You need to copy a unicode TTF font to XBMC installation folder and set XBMC to use it.

If you have Microsoft Office installed then you can for example copy arialuni.ttf and replace arial.ttf with it.

We include arial.ttf with XBMC but not arialuni.ttf because arialuni.ttf is not free (however arial.ttf is free).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Does anyone know where is the XBMC installation folder inside Apple TV for changing font from arial.ttf to arialuni.ttf?

/System/Library/Fonts is not writable; /Library/Fonts is writable but cannot work
Using the XBMC on AppleTV 2.3. Getting Hebrew subtitles in Giberish. Tried to copy the font file through the XBMC file manager but couldn't find a file-copy option there... Any idea ?
Yossi, did you find a way to use the Hebrew subtitles?
Do you need help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
appleTV v 2.2 problem with hebrew subtitles(XBMC or NitoTV) - need help0