Is there a way to have XBMC open on a second monitor and..
still allow mouse control on the other screen? There are some plugs in for MCE that do this sort of thing and I was wondering if there is a option in XBMC as well
Search for XbmcLaunch on this forum.
yeh xbmc works great and allows you to use our mouse on the other monitor as well, which is nice
My Nvidia graphic card has been configured as "dual monitors". How can XBMC start up and always show only in the secondary monitor (TV in my case)?

thanks.
That can be setup through the nView application.
I'm using UltraMon, there's a thread explaining how to set it right.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Search for xbmclaunch in this forum.
Lightbulb 
Is there any chance of starting xbmc maximized on the other display? I have got a normal LCD as the first display and want to use xbmc on the other that is a tv.

How do I do that?
Search for xbmcLaunch here in the forums.
Is there a way to leave XBMC running and displayed, but leave the primary window to my other window for using a browser, IM, etc? I have tried in both FS and Windowed mode, but can't get the mouse to "exit" XBMC.
Search for "xbmcLaunch" in the forum.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
ZenWolf Wrote:Is there a way to leave XBMC running and displayed, but leave the primary window to my other window for using a browser, IM, etc? I have tried in both FS and Windowed mode, but can't get the mouse to "exit" XBMC.

now this is fun, since every version i had so far does always let my mouse pointer and keyboard whereever i want it to be, jumping around between the two monitors.
cheers,azido :;):
Hi2all

Just picked up XBMC 8.10, checking it to use as mediacenter in future. I know that the best way is to set it at separate machine, maybe even without Windows Smile, but for now i have only 1 PC

It runs at WinXP and has VGA and HDMI outputs. LCD TV 720p is connected to HDMI as as secondary desktop (with 720p set in nvidia drivers and manual overscan compensation). My main monitor is connected to VGA, and set as default.

If I set tv as default and only one screen i get good output and XBMC expirience, but when i use monitor as default - XBMC goes to it, not to TV

The question: is there a way to have XMBC fullscreen on secondary screen (my TV), while still using ordinary apps on default screenn/monitor?

The second question is: is there a way to do such thing using ubuntu 8.10 with nvidia drivers?
Should be possible with Ubuntu but I had a hell of a time getting dual monitors to work in Ubuntu, gave up in the end Sad
Roland.dm Wrote:The question: is there a way to have XBMC fullscreen on secondary screen (my TV), while still using ordinary apps on default screenn/monitor?

The second question is: is there a way to do such thing using ubuntu 8.10 with nvidia drivers?

you might want to use xbmclaunch if you still want to use windows.
cheers,azido :;):

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to have XBMC open on a second monitor and..0