Is there a way to have XBMC open on a second monitor and..
There's a whole thread about this, eventually ending in a branch created to redesign how XBMC handles resolutions but that hasn't been completed yet.
To get XBMC up on my HDTV I have to:

1: set the HDTV as the primary screen in windows
2: run the XBMC shortcut from that screen's desktop
3: then reverse back to my TFT screen as the primary

This doesnt take too long, but is there a way to do all of this from 1 click or alternative method?

Also how can I use a mouse/remote for XBMC independent of my desktop screen? I have Xbox 360 wired controller that could be useful? I don't mind buying a remote. I have the Xbox 360 remote control that came with the console in 2005.

One more question, how do I decide what resolution to run XBMC in? I believe my HDTV goes up to 1080i.

Any help is appreciated. Apologies if this has been answered, I couldnt find anything that I understood.
Search Ultramon or XBMCLaunch in the forum.

Also check my tutorial: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php...t=ultramon

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Question 
is there any known way to start xbmc on a second monitor, other than using ultramon? ultramon never worked properly and caused a ton of errors relating to l0>l0 with reference to my nvidia drivers (latest build from asus website) or is there a way to adjust the size of the windowed mode setting? been googleing for info for a while and decided to finally "ask the experts"

btw, os is win xp pro with current updates, running forceware 181.20 and smartdoctor 5.21. primary monitor is a vga monitor at 1280x1024, secondary is s-video to tv at 1024x768 running latest official build of xbmc
search for xbmcLaunch2.0

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Maybe a link for xbmclaunch is in order?
(I did a casual search out of curiosity and did not come up with anything)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yeah, i agree with sho, after googleing i still cant find the launcher you refer to
sho Wrote:Maybe a link for xbmclaunch is in order?
(I did a casual search out of curiosity and did not come up with anything)

i did post a direct link to xbmclaunch on my last posting here in this thread.
cheers,azido :;):
azido Wrote:i did post a direct link to xbmclaunch on my last posting here in this thread.
yes thanks, but not to xbmcLaunch2.0 - and when you search for that, only 4 posts appear that tell one to search for xbmcLaunch2.0. so I guess there is no 2.0...
however, the current version is not very helpful, it changes the resolution of the first display if you select to show xbmc on the second one. and ultramon doesn't seem to work at all with, I don't know, either my configuration of the current version of xbmc. that's sad No
what about mac users? can i launch xbmc in me second display?
I recently discovered XBMC and ran into similar issues with the secondary monitor issue.
I started experimenting after i read about using UltraMon in this thread "HOW-TO to start XBMC for XBMC on a Secondary Display (using MCE's start button)".

What i noticed is that UltraMon offers a ton of options which you can set on any program you want to run.
However editing the shortcut wasn't really working for me, ran into screen resolution issues and XBMC not aligning properly.
So i wrote a simple batch file which runs from the XBMC folder and still uses UltraMon.

Below you see what i made, to me its simple and it works.
I have not tested this on any other machine, so using it might get you unexpected results.

Some explanation might be necessary, what it does is this:
It will save you desktop icon positions (just in case), set the second monitor (your tv) as primary screen and launch XBMC, when you exit XBMC it will simply revert the changes made.

I'm running Vista 32 bit using an ATi card, using UltraMon 3.0.7 Beta.

Code:
@Echo off
Title XBMC monitor switcher
"C:\Program Files\UltraMon\UltraMon.exe" /p 2 /s
start /wait XBMC.exe -fs
"C:\Program Files\UltraMon\UltraMon.exe" /p 1 /r
SVN nightly builds support multi monitor withou problems. Build 24155 is last to have no problems with that. Newest builds had problems with it, since something was changed in the code, but build 24155 is quite good.
This has been edited from what was originally here so if somebody was trying what I said originally and it isn't working, I appologize. I was running in portable mode for some stupid reason.

I got it to work with my TV by doing the following:

1. place a shortcut of xbmc (windowed) on your secondary desktop
2. launch xbmc from said shortcut
3. move the window as necessary to change the resolution setting to match the secondary desktop resolution
4. click test resolution

Afterwards, every time you launch xbmc from the created shortcut, it will automatically launch in fullscreen (at least it does for me). If you are running in portable mode (a -p is at the end of the shortcut in the properties), then you need to remove the -p or it won't save the settings. I had to find that out the hard way. If for some reason you NEED to run in portable mode, simply run as administrator every time you launch.

Hope this actually helps someone. If this works and it's the first time the issue has been addressed in this manner, please let me know and I will put the instructions in a different thread and request a sticky Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to have XBMC open on a second monitor and..0