Hebrew character support issues...
Hi guys, new to XBMC (been using mythtv for quite a while...) and this skins is the main reason for switching..its really quite amazing!
I do have a major problem with the skin.the problem occurs when accessing my mythtv recordings through XBMC. Some of the recorded shows have hebrew names and are in jibrish unless i change the default font in the appearance section to some font that has hebrew support (arial in example). In all other skins it works fine yet in Mediastream skin i cant define a specific font. is there anyway to have the normal font and language and just get reading support for hebrew?

thx alot in advance

Zeltak
The next release of the skin (probably tomorrow evening) will have a new default font which has better unicode support. Try it again when it's released and let us know how you get on
hi skunkm0nkee

Thx for the reply. i have downloaded the new version 0.95 and still i cant get it to work though there may be some progress. i the previous skin there was just blank spaces where hebrew characters were and now i get empty boxes instead...i have of course chosen hebrew in the character set under regions

thx again for your help and let me know if more testing on my part is needed!

zeltak
zeltak

Can you give the following version of the font a try. Haken has made some changes to better support international characters so hopefully it may sort your issue too.

Font Download

Just replace the 2 fonts in the font folder with these ones. Please make sure to switch skins before overwriting as the fonts may not overwrite properly as they are in use. Then restart your system.

Can you post and let us know if it works out okay.

D
Hi again

I did what you suggested but unfortunately it did not help at all. i am willing to test any other options/suggestions you may have.

thx again for the effort..this skin is quite amazing!

Zeltak
The only why I could make this skin work in Hebrew is to copy the file 720p/font.xml from the PM3 skin and replace it within MediaStream folder.
Then need to choose the font arial in any other skin of XBMC before choosing MediaStream.
I'm doing this for a every new resale.
Thx for the answer psike but it still dosent work.

its strange that in PM3 hebrew works when switching to arial font. is there no option in mediastream to just have a different font for unicode?

thx again in advance

Zeltak

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hebrew character support issues...0