• 4(current)
MediaStream v0.95 Released (13/10/2008)
xbs08 Wrote:It overlays in the info screen of a movie (but only if that specific movie has many votes), i'm running 720p.

Thanks, that's now been fixed for the next release
Has anyone noticed problems using custom backgrounds in profiles other than the master user. I'm running beta2 on MAC and the same custom background folder works fine for the master user, but not for any other user. Using v 0.95
Glad to see cover flow in video's I like it, just an FYI in 4:3 the cover flow "reflection" doesn't line up with the thumbnail images above it. Also it doesn't seem to constrain images to certain proportions, so some posters look skinny some look fat. If you need screen shots I'll get some for you tonight after work.
Still some problems with custom backgrounds. The images sometimes disappear.
Im having some trouble fetching fan-art from thetvdb.com. The skin sometimes wont show fan-art that exists on the page, i find them on my pc but not through xbmc. Not sure if this is mediastream related though?

Thanks for the awesome skin, you guys rule!
blomen Wrote:Still some problems with custom backgrounds. The images sometimes disappear.
Im having some trouble fetching fan-art from thetvdb.com. The skin sometimes wont show fan-art that exists on the page, i find them on my pc but not through xbmc. Not sure if this is mediastream related though?

Thanks for the awesome skin, you guys rule!

Sounds like you're running out of memory on the xbox, you may want to reduce the fanart images down to 1024px wide or maybe even less
migueld Wrote:Mike, thanks for the insights. I'm surprised you are taking this so negatively :p I'm also surprised that you say that you never wanted a slightly opaque panel because the lite version of the skin features exactly one of those! Wink

Also, I don't think such a change has anything to do with media stream being a black skin... none at all. I love the black theme, it screams Cinema, Big Cinema, it's great.

The lite version of media stream features the opacity that some of us in this thread are suggesting about. We are not making it up, it's there :p Smile Personally I don't see it taking away from the overall theme. But obviously we may differ on this, no problem with that Wink

Regarding the screenshots, I was i afraid they might be taken wholeheartedly, at least the mock-up was only intended as "rough draft" since it's something i did quickly given the available screenshots. I think the final overlay could be more similar to the standard one, than the lite one. Could it be something worth playing with?

Anyway, I respect your take on this, and appreciate your insights. Please don't take this as an attack or disrespect of any sort; if we can keep the discussion going I think it can only lead to a productive outcome Wink

I see some people will not take no for an answer. The skin is perfect as it is I use Mediastream as my default skin on both my xbox's and my pc and have no problem reading any text and i use a 4:3 tv. I agree with mikebeecham it should be left as it is to start changing colors etc would detract from the media and thus wrecking the whole idea of the skin.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
haken Wrote:you must compile new xbmclyrics from svn and copy it into xbmc/skins/mediastream/extras directory. New build works ok.

You can also download a working script here (built one): http://www.solidexpert.com/xbmclyrics_rev2376.zip

Thank you for your help
I love this skin, and I thank all involved for the effort, time, and love put into it so I can sit on my ass and truly enjoy my toys. I consider it a blessing that I can still run xbmc on my xbox and have it look this good! I really must thank you for continuing to keep this format a focus now that Atlantis has dropped and everyone begins building those dream media boxes without all the hardware constraints… and even more so seeing as I am suddenly broke so you giving us the ability to get the most bang for our buck (to the level of leaving many shocked the xbox could pull that off) out of our current electronics makes spending time at home all the more enjoyable. Thanks again!

Fobizzle
Xbox v1.0 (hard mod.) > High Definition A/V Pack for Xbox (component video signal/optical audio signal) > EMPREX HD3202
Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 1080i 16:9 30.00HZ
Darre Wrote:Thx, fixed one problem, but one to go with norwegian characthers.

Its probably an easy fix tho.. My problem is with the letter øØ. When a sentence starts with Ø, its displayed like it should(capitalized), but when its inside a word its not..

This sentence looks wrong: "HVORDAN ER DITT DRøMMELANDSLAG", while in "ØNSKER SEG BEDRE BY" its like it should.

Don't expect you to fix this as well, but now the team knows at least =)

Thx.

Hi,

Found another problem: The letter æÆ has the same problem as I reported with øØ. I didn' see it before because that letter is less common in headlines. Might want to check åÅ as well, just to be certain the problem isn't there as well.
FIXED. FIXED CAPS V4

Check and report is it ok.

@JustMeD, update SVN
maui917 Wrote:FYI in 4:3 the cover flow "reflection" doesn't line up with the thumbnail images above it. Also it doesn't seem to constrain images to certain proportions, so some posters look skinny some look fat. If you need screen shots I'll get some for you tonight after work.

I've fixed the lining up issue for the next release. Not sure what you mean about skinny and fat though? (all posters should maintain their aspect ratios)
Could you try a go at a vertical info bar for movies. Similar to the one for music. Here is a mock-up.....

Would it be possible to add an option to allow use to choose what the default source is on the home screen.

like i want it to start on movies.
I just want to report a little error in the italian translation..
ImageImage
in this screen, every episode is followed by the indication of the number of the episode itself. In italian language, it should be "XX episodio" instead of "XX episodi" because every single episode, is singular, not plural.

btw, thank you for this great skin! i started using xbmc since a week or so, and I've to admit that with this skin, the mediaplayer is another thing! keep on the good work

ps sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand what i've said Wink
Berseker Wrote:I just want to report a little error in the italian translation..
ImageImage
in this screen, every episode is followed by the indication of the number of the episode itself. In italian language, it should be "XX episodio" instead of "XX episodi" because every single episode, is singular, not plural.

btw, thank you for this great skin! i started using xbmc since a week or so, and I've to admit that with this skin, the mediaplayer is another thing! keep on the good work

ps sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand what i've said Wink
I had this problem before. I forgot how to reproduce this exactly, I think it has something to do when you switch from another skin and the episodes section ends up in wide view. Just hit right and select a different view and the date or rating should show up after the epsiode title.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.95 Released (13/10/2008)3