• 6(current)
MediaStream v0.95 Released (13/10/2008)
Originally Posted by carlos007
The video library shows - but when I click play nothing happens. Eventually it shows "too many consecutive failures". Shame because if I go back to the hi def PM3 skin it works perfectly. BTW I'm trying to stream from a hard networked PC. Any ideas folks?

Also backgrounds sometimes disappaear or in the case of programs only half the background shows? Again any ideas.

Ive had this happen......it's because the xbox looses its
IP address. do a IGR or refresh the skin. then it will connect and play the movie. FanArt or background problem is RAM related.......try the "lite" theme for MediaStream.
also i notice a small thing on the time box in the upper left corner whenever it is ether 10, 11, or 12 ether am or pm the time sticks out of the box. maybe extend the box somewhat to the right. other then that great, and also i like the lite version more because you can get to see the fanart better Smile
Till All Are One!!!!!
On the info window, can the file path be made so that it scrolls and shows the entire path? Currently it stays fixed, and the entire path can't be seen:

migueld Wrote:On the info window, can the file path be made so that it scrolls and shows the entire path? Currently it stays fixed, and the entire path can't be seen:

I'll vote for that, can come in handy.
konradwalsh Wrote:Hey folks,,

is it just me or does the trailer option ever work in movies info..Huh?
if not, why not...
and maybe a sugestion... can you put a trailer in the same folder as the movie and have the trailer button pick that up?

also.. will there ever be a music videos section under music...Huh?

thanks in advance..

You can already do local trailers. Just put it in the same folder as your movie, and name it moviename-trailer.avi
Exclamation 
migueld Wrote:On the info window, can the file path be made so that it scrolls and shows the entire path? Currently it stays fixed, and the entire path can't be seen:

+1 also for this.

Also as i posted earlier, has there been some more memory usage with the lite skin? becuase im getting all kinds of problems now.
Got a Logitech Harmony ONE ? Click here for my XBMC Customization HOW TO
timdog82001 Wrote:You can already do local trailers. Just put it in the same folder as your movie, and name it moviename-trailer.avi

hey
thanks your the first person to ever reply on this question.. ive asked and looked everywhere.
is this astupid question - if so - shoot me..

but does the file name HAVE to be in avi?
will there ever be a music videos section under music...? or even under videos
You need to fix the duplicate time in the top left you have duplicated this code.

Code:
<control type="label" id="1">
            <font>LargeDefaultFont</font>
            <include>ClockFGText</include>

Line 1500 includes.xml

also the media count numbers is slightly off centre.
Are there any additional views coming for the pictures/programs sections?

Like a picture wall view for example.

This would make it easier to scan through large numbers of pictures at once.
Would be great to get a view like you get in vista media center for pictures:

http://www.winsupersite.com/images/showc..._b1_09.jpg

Would be even better if xbmc had slideshow/fade in transitions (i know the slideshow/fadein function is not set by the skin) hopefully that'll get added to xbmc later.

Just a suggestion...
Is it possible to add a delay in MS for loading fanart in library mode?
ex. don't try to load fanart when passing thru only load when it stoped at a given movie.

When fanart is not hiden older cpu's, like mine (AMD64 3200+), dont allow faster navigation thru large libraries, because the process is somewhat slowed down when Media Stream tries to load the fanart.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
is finnish translation already done? if not, i think i can translate that.
xbs08 Wrote:Is it possible to add a delay in MS for loading fanart in library mode?
ex. don't try to load fanart when passing thru only load when it stoped at a given movie.

When fanart is not hiden older cpu's, like mine (AMD64 3200+), dont allow faster navigation thru large libraries, because the process is somewhat slowed down when Media Stream tries to load the fanart.

I think there was an option in an earlier version of MediaStreamMod called 'Smart Fanart' that did just that.
Hitcher Wrote:I think there was an option in an earlier version of MediaStreamMod called 'Smart Fanart' that did just that.

That is true. I didn't include it in newer version as I wasn't sure if it actually helped something (no feedback) and on my machine it didn't make much difference. It only loaded fanart when one stoped at an item for at least 1sec., not while scrolling.
minimalko Wrote:That is true. I didn't include it in newer version as I wasn't sure if it actually helped something (no feedback) and on my machine it didn't make much difference. It only loaded fanart when one stoped at an item for at least 1sec., not while scrolling.

I thought it was great actually and much better than the odd flash here and there of a fanart when scrolling through loads of movies. Sounds like I should have said something before. Rolleyes
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.95 Released (13/10/2008)3