Erasing sources and Master User profile in XBMC on Apple TV
I'm having a tough time figuring how to erase "sources" in my video, music and pictures categories. Recently I've tried to add some new sources that didn't work out, so I'd now like to erase them. I've seen some posts that refer to a hack with the Apple remote, but is there a simpler way? Also, in messing around I'd created a "Master User" profile, that XBMC now requires me to sign in with every time I boot it up. It's utterly pointless, as I'm the only user, and l'd like to erase that as well. Any thoughts?
this may not be the definitive answer on the subject, but i had the same problem when i was using xbmc atlantis beta 1 on an appletv v2.1. the kepmappings for the apple remote were incorrect.

i upgraded the appletv to the latest 2.2 update (manually on the appletv, using standard upgrade method) and then reapplied the patchstick available from googlecode to install xmbc/boxee, but also ssh in case that was reset from the upgrade. a combo of updating kepmappings and a specifically required upgrade from 2.2 make the apple remote work much better.

then, updating the xbmc launcher (must be done) followed by xbmc beta (only visible if launcher is latest version)

then, when browsing your video or music files, with the source folder selected, hold down play until the context (right-click) menu appears. there is a remove source option...

hope it helps...

jingo_man
Hi,

From a previous post from Davilla you could try this.

Quote:I believe the updater now checks if XBMC is already installed and loops back to the menu. Maybe a second level in there by means of the question:
'XBMC seems already to be installed. Would you like to restore XBMC? (This will wipe out all previous XBMC setting!!)' or something like that ;-)
Userdata is never touched on any update. When you select uppdate, the XBMC.app is reloaded, but Userdata is not touched.

I think you are looking for a method to wipe Userdata. The only way right now is to ssh in and manually wipe it.

~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/UserData

Have a good day
Bob
Ok, I've had no serious experience dealing with ssh hacking, but I'll give those steps a try later. Where can I find instructions on using ssh on Apple TV?
Also, will paths for my ATV files ( eg:~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/UserData or ) be located on my mac once I ssh in? I'm also looking to install plugins, but right now there's no such directories. Pardon my ignorance.
Hi,

On the AppleTV the directory should be
/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/UserData

On the MAC go in the user possibly in the users directory.

Good chance
Bob
K...still don't know where to start looking for that path. Is in the menu on my Apple TV? Or is it something I need to locate on my Mac? As I've said, I'm brand new to this, so I don't mind being spoken to to like I'm 8 yrs old!
Sekou Wrote:K...still don't know where to start looking for that path. Is in the menu on my Apple TV? Or is it something I need to locate on my Mac? As I've said, I'm brand new to this, so I don't mind being spoken to to like I'm 8 yrs old!

Maybe you want to check this post from davilla, a pretty basic ssh howto:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=229...stcount=23

To solve your original problem, removing sources, it may still be the easiest way to use context menu. It should pop up (on ATV >=2.2) when holding pause button on an entry in sources list.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Perfect! That post explained much, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Erasing sources and Master User profile in XBMC on Apple TV0