Crashing when I try to open a folder
Hi all,

This is my first experience with XBMC so be gentle with me! I have an older pc that is going to wind up as a media center this winter adn I've been looking into options for it. So far XBMC seems to be the best, if I can get it working.

Here's the issue: XBMC will crash to desktop whenever I try to open a folder on my USB hard drive. The streaming apple trailers work fine (very nice actually!), only my local folders cause this. Is it happening because the files are on an external drive?

Logfile: http://pastebin.com/m18d0d03

I tried a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. Oh, I've also made sure my drivers, etc are all updated, opengl is updates and I installed the correct (from the stickied post) ffmpeg libraries.

Thanks!
Rich
From what I can tell from the logs it seems it has problems with one or some of the movies files in that folder. Could you try to narrow down which file causes this, and perhaps upload it somewhere so the problem can be reproduced?
I'll give it a try.
Found it. Turns out it was an apparently corrupted mov file. After that was moved to another folder everything works perfectly! Many thanks for the help!
mrwashy, please, can you somehow upload that file so the problem can be solved for others too? it would be much appreciated! (if it is sensitive, could you send it to me privately for debugging?)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crashing when I try to open a folder0