Trying to put together a comprehensive list of all Scripts and Plugins for XBMC...
PiXeL16 Wrote:I didnt see the Lyrics plugging in the list?. I tryed and dont seens to work on windows

It's a pitty I can't edit the list, but it's duly noted.
DragonFly Wrote:Can't reproduce your error, but the log shows various other inconsistencies:

http://www.pastebin.ca/1229182

NTAuthority, could you upload the latest version of the MP TV Client Plugin your using or give an url? And only the files needed to get it running. I've downloaded several, got it working (not the actual streaming), but it's not really clear which files to use and which not.............

Sorry for responding a bit late, but it IS the same issue I'm experiencing!

Code:
#
10:24:37 T:2500 M:623865856  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
#
10:24:37 T:2500 M:617332736   DEBUG: Error, could not open file rtsp://192.168.1.10/stream1.0
#
10:24:37 T:2500 M:617324544   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

Those lines are the same I find with most RTSP streams from XBMC on XP, just like the MP TV client. The 'message' in the bug was made from changing log stuff.
Iv been using the lyrics plugin on windows ok....
Bit buggy but seems to work most of the time (odd crashes)

Andy
Maybe the moderators let me copy this topic to the "Python Scripts/Plugins Support and Requests" section or the "Python Scripts/Plugins Development" section to get more insight from Python developers. Thus creating a wider platform to get this solved
Thanks for all your time and effort , must have been a pain doing this on your lonesome. If you want some help looking into the issues raised here - I will be available in about a week to give it some serious attention ( Am slowly recovering from bloody Flu ) and not very capable at the moment.

I know that you are primarily concerned with Windows but the majority of the plugins are mine so if i start to iron out the cross platform issues we may be able to tackle the issue of the truly old and dead plugs/scripts.

What we could really do with is a nice searchable database, escalation and rectification procedure - what do you think DragonFly ?

Maybe rectify all the old and dead Plugins & scripts and collate them all via one installer & SVN ?

Just an idea while i recline breathing painfully - gasp,cough.
Video Plugin:
Code:
Plugin Name            Grabs     Streams
                       Indexes   Content   Comments
UlmenTV                o         o

Thanks and a happy new year! Smile
Ah. Finally we're making some progress here. I'd be happy to re-evaluate all scripts and plugins again to see which are working now....

Thing is that I can only test on the WINDOWS platform and that where things go wrong because of current networking/winsock issues on this platform. This way I can't determine if it's XBMC that causing errors or the script itself

I'm really interested to get a coders opinion as to what could be the problem.

Recently i've tried radio streams (with valid inks) and they pretty much suffer from the same problem as scripts/plugins do......They can make an initial connection but then fail to actually stream and if they do it takes ages to buffer before finally playing. Most script generate a time-out at this point and subsequently fail to stream.

It must be something in the way the Windows version communicates with the python libraries (or vice versa) or else the way XBMC handles the windows networking api, because most plugins/scripts/radio streams work fine on other platforms.

P.S get well, Voinage
I am new to the XBMC on windows concept. I am tried to set this up for my father since he just uses his old computer in his livingroom to stream from cnn,cbs,tnt,ae,fox,etc. And i'm curious as to whether or not any of these sites are currently in the works for having scripts wrote for them.

I did have some luck with Quicksilver but it seemed that any link for megavideo wasn't playable.

I couldn't get the Quicksilver plugin to work at all but i got XOT-Uzg.v3 to get Quicksilver to work. As i said above i am a complete noob at this right now but i can try to help out as i learn more about the program and it's coding for windows.
Check out the very awesome Navi-X Media Browser for Xbox, Windows and Linux versions of XBMC!!! It has working television episodes, mixtapes, movies, rss, podcast and shoutcast feeds, plus playlist creators and automatic content checkers and removers!!! http://www.navi-x.org
Thumbs Up 
mimesis Wrote:I am new to the XBMC on windows concept. I am tried to set this up for my father since he just uses his old computer in his livingroom to stream from cnn,cbs,tnt,ae,fox,etc. And i'm curious as to whether or not any of these sites are currently in the works for having scripts wrote for them.

I did have some luck with Quicksilver but it seemed that any link for megavideo wasn't playable.

I couldn't get the Quicksilver plugin to work at all but i got XOT-Uzg.v3 to get Quicksilver to work. As i said above i am a complete noob at this right now but i can try to help out as i learn more about the program and it's coding for windows.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30351 read this first.
Okay I want to place this is what I think would be the correct forum.

I understand we have plugins system, which supports xbox, Linux, Mac, and windows.

The biggest I'm having in there needs to be a Windows only area. As number of the plugins only work in xbox or within Linux.

I know this sounds stupid that I can read threads but it would be better to have a windows sub-forum so we can post better reports on bugs for windows version.

Things do work differently in windows, and a large number of the plugins do not work correctly in our environment. And having a area that lets see the newest and working plugins can ensure that new people, and everyone selects the right packages for there systems.

Just an idea, if stupid pleases lock or delete.
how about an eventghost plugin to in game change remote buttons inside xbmc depending in which screen is axtive :p
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
If they work differently in Windows than they do on other platforms then it is (IMO) a bug with the plugin. It's perfectly possible to developer a plugin that operates identically on all platforms.

Perhaps people could post which plugins they've had success with on windows.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So then it's my misunderstanding.

I've tested more then a dozen plugins and maybe 2 or 3 had worked correctly.

Using the lastest SVN of course, but it appeared to be some plugins are still only xbox only.

Odd, guess it's just me again Smile
Not a bad idea, however there already is a sub-forum for this, that should also support windows

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=26

best it is post there that a plugin doesnt work on windows...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to put together a comprehensive list of all Scripts and Plugins for XBMC...0