XBMC on 1280x1080 TV. Help appreciated
Hi there,

I have XBMC up and running on my apple tv (thanks so much to all the developers out there, your work is really appreciated) and I have a problem with the resolution.

My plasma tv (Hitachi PD429700) has a strange resolution as it uses an aLIS panel. It has 1080 lines vertically but only 1280 horizontally. It is a widescreen display however, and has rectangular pixels to conpensate.

Problem is, xbmc detects the full screen res as 1280x1080 correctly yet this presents problems viewing videos. Movies don't show at the correct aspect ratio, appearing squashed as if on a 4:3 tv. A normal 16:9 movie therefore still has bars at top and bottom and the image is not tall enough. Using the preset zoom modes etc I still cant get it right. I assume I could use custom to correct it but have no ideas of the amount to change it by. I guess there is some equation to work out?

Other media devices I use, such as xbox 360 all work fine however, with movies appearing in the correct ratio, not sure why xbmc is different?

Any help would really be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Dan
Hello, i was going to post the same problem. Iam running "Full Screen 1280X1080 on a Panasonic WideScreen Plasma and XBMC on Apple TV.
UI is fine, but when starting a Movie i get black borders on top and bottom.Sad
If you do the video calibration, and set the center square so that it looks square, wouldn't that make it work correctly?
I'm having similar issues, using the full screen resolution it looks okay but playback is appalling - stuttering, out of sync, blocky etc - I tried this with a few films (which other devices play okay including my old Xbox)

I would just like to know what settings you guys use.

But as to the bars, yep - select the one marked "Full Screen" from the resolutions and it should be okay.

placebo333 - I think there is an option is video settings to remove the black bars.
Lumpsack Wrote:I'm having similar issues, using the full screen resolution it looks okay but playback is appalling - stuttering, out of sync, blocky etc - I tried this with a few films (which other devices play okay including my old Xbox)

Have you enabled Vsync?
It was disabled - I tried enabling it & switching back to best available but after general "stuttery" playback it would pause then exit with Status Code 10 Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on 1280x1080 TV. Help appreciated0