XBMC for Mac - Experimental Release
New experimental Mac release at Sourceforge.

IMPORTANT: This release is not meant for end users as it hasn't been tested at all. In addition, it may overwrite some of your current XBMC settings. So, do not use it without making a backup of your current XBMC settings (~/Library/Application Support/XBMC). Again, this release is only for testers, so that they can help in QA.

Most importantly, this version is without an installer.

This means, it will initialize your ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC directory on first run, so if you have customized set of sources etc, back it up.

More details later.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Dled, so far so good. Scraping movies now...

BTW, wouldn't it be helpful if "MoviePosterDB" was checked by default? I suggested this on the Plex team, and we've adopted it as a default and I believe it's been working great.
You don't get the same quality posters that you used to from there, as you must now pay to download the full versions. The thumbs are still of reasonable quality though, thus it's still an option. I don't know if it should be defaulted or not - will discuss with the guys that write the scrapers.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:You don't get the same quality posters that you used to from there, as you must now pay to download the full versions. The thumbs are still of reasonable quality though, thus it's still an option. I don't know if it should be defaulted or not - will discuss with the guys that write the scrapers.

Ah I see, what a pitty. Well, now that there are talks about themoviedb.com coming up, it'll probably replace it anyway. Hopefully that'll be soon Smile
Exclamation 
Hi,

Thanks D4rk for this prerelease. I just want to mention that the Mythtv support on AppleTV is not fonctionnal as of Alpha4, Beta 1 and Beta 2. However the thumbnails in recording are now working (no more exit error).

Still no joy with
--Recorded show (just a fuzzy image) Boxee is working for that
--LiveTV (Nothing happen)

I hope the Mythtv Support will be ok on the final Mac release. I can make test but i'm really not a developper or linux king.

Thanks
Bob

P.S. MythTV support work really well under XBMC Beta 2 for Windows.

EDIT: I can browse my recordings, vidoes and music with the latest Boxee. AS Boxee us the code of XBMC i should work like in Boxee.
bob2009, thanks for the update. I believe davilla has been investigating the MythTV issue, I'll double check with him. The fact that it works on Windows is useful information.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Just update with the edit of my previous post for notifications.

P.S. MythTV support work really well under XBMC Beta 2 for Windows.

EDIT: I can browse my recordings, videos and music with the latest Boxee. As Boxee use XBMC it should work in XBMC like in Boxee. It's possibly a very tiny difference on the how to handle...

Thanks
Bob Rolleyes
Under OSX try adding the dns name/address of your backend to /etc/hosts.

The current info about using hosts in advancedsettings.xml does not work under OSX because of how sockets are handled. xbox/windows use the internal handling of sockets and osx/linux use standard lib c handling.

As of svn r16002, and adding my backend to /etc/hosts, I now have full functionality (including livetv) under OSX. Have not tested under the AppleTV yet but it should be fine there too.
Thanks for information.

Is it possible to have a new experimental release like the svn 16002 or latest to test this on the Appeltv.

Thanks
Bob
is it safe to use this build ? i am having choppy performance issue using XBMC (Atlantis Build beta2) on AppleTV
I have no problem with this release. But maybe you should wait for the upcoming RC1 version.

bye
Bob
yup, will wait for RC1 Big Grin
this build still have the problem with recursive scraping:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32949

Anyone know if there is filed a bug for this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Mac - Experimental Release0