Slow playback & "Windowed" display
Sad 
Hi all,

Bit of an odd one, I've got my menus perfect (running at 1280x720 [Full Screen]), but if I set video playback (Settings\Video\Player\Resolution) to "Best Availible" then playback is unwatchable.

If I set it to 480p 16:9 (or just 16:9) what little I can see of the small windowed screen that is off the bottom of the screen looks good, but again I cannot watch it.

Oh and upscaling is disabled.

How have you guys got yours setup, as as far as I know an apple tv is an apple tv and other than the HD theres no difference is there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ta...
i have the same problem also. i would think that because the hardware is bettter in the ATV than in my xbox i would not have these problems
Hmm I'm not having slow playback, and what do you mean by windowed? like your video's are in a window? did you select video resolution to use the full screen option? Try setting the overscan option on your unit? Mine is looking perfect with what I have tried as far as position and subtitles.

Other problem I was having...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=39107
For now, don't change the video player's resolution or the slideshow resolution (leave it in Auto). Changing the resolution causes issues, like you noticed. It has been removed from the UI for the next release.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

any update on this or is it a random issue, but i still get choppy playback when i am "full screen" moode. i have tried .img, .vob, .avi files.. also differnt codecs, but when i am in full screen mode my playback i sooooo slow. if i choose a resolution that is only using a portion of my diplay the play back is smooth.
I'm unsure - very mixed results - some are unwatchable, others okay - set to the one with full screen (1280x720 [Full Screen] - I think), with video res left on Best Available and VSync always enabled.

Sad really as I love XBMC and have used it for years on my XBox and after reading all the praise here was the only reason I got the ATV (as an early Christmas present), still hopefully it will develop, and what can I say its free.

So once again thank you all you devs I know you're doing your best out there Smile

I just with Sony weren't such arses then it could have been running on my PS3
I am also having the same problem with my xbmc playback in my ATV. Also, the audio is not in-sync with the video.

However, when I played the videos using the "movies" menu in ATV, its flawless.

What is causing this?
Sync isn't too bad to fix - when playing go into the audio menu then look for th eone marked delay - play with this and it should be fine.
Going to try you idea with the audio sync. Would be interseted to figuring out why some ppls ATV is playing flawlessly and ours are having this problem.

Did you guys create your patchstick with what was provided by these guys or other like old ATV4Windows ?

Did you already have ssh loaded and just ran the script through ssh?
ok seems as if when i am watching a video and u change the Interlaced option to anything besides "none" my video and audio syncs up and starts to run smooth. anyone know what the interlaced options like "weave interlace", "bob", etc. means. it seem to make it work but would like to have an idea about why

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow playback & "Windowed" display0