Bug on interface to scraper
I have arranged my videos in a structure like that

- Genre
-- Movie
--- Video_TS content

means that the name of the movie is only represented in the folder name (Movie). The folder contains only the DVD Video_TS content files.

Before alpha 4 live was good. In set content I had selected 'use folder name for lookups' and on pressing info on the folder the scaper got the folder name to parsing what ever web page.

Now the problem is that the scraper gets the parent folder name of the folder i'm pointing. In my case the genre.

If i uncheck 'use folder name for lookups' the scraper gets the name of a file in my movie folder usualy video_ts.

So I get ether the folder name above or the file name below but not the folder name I'm pointing at.

My gues is that by including the mouse support somthing went wrong.
Have you tried doing a full scan from the folder that holds your genres? You shouldn't need "use folder name for lookups", as your dvd folders will be stacked down to a file with the folder's name. You will need "scan recursively" to get it past the Genre folders though.

EDIT: It would be most useful (especially if the above doesn't work) to setup a dummy filesystem for us to reproduce with. Essentially duplicate (part) of your filesystem, replacing the actual video files with 0 byte files named the same way. This way we can add it to our library of test cases to ensure the scanner works as it is supposed to.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK, I've disabled 'use folder name for lookups', enabled 'scan recursively' and startet 'scan for new content' from a genre folder that contains more movie folders. (start from the root folder would have taken to long).

First problem is that I get a lot of wrong data in the db because always the first matching entry is scanned. But thats an other thing.

The real problem is that the content frome the database is now linked to the file 'video ts.ifo' in the movie folder. That way, scrolling through the folders of the movie won't show any informations or pictures therefore I need to browse into the folder which is odd.

Be the way I'm not in library mode.

I've put together a folder / file structure that shows how my archive is organized. 'Video' is the topfolder on the NAS which is defined as source.
The File is now in the trac system under the Ticket #5194

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug on interface to scraper0