[Apple TV] XBMC/BoxeeLauncher 0.3.1 released
Launcher goes version 0.3.1 with following fixes/updates:
-improved AppleRemote: Launcher sends AppleRemote joystick events (update to launcher 0.3.1 back ups keymap.xml and installs a new one)
-boxee crashes (that don't happen Smile are caught and remote is properly released
-Launcher's major version number is now present in About box
-Launcher passes focus to XBMC so a keyboard can be used if the AppleTV OS is patched for USB support.
-added possibility to kill XBMC if it hangs by pressing Menu,Menu,Play,Play
-few minor improvements

Howto update:
-If you don't have a Launcher version already running, please see
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Mac_on_Apple_TV for details.

-If XBMCLauncher or BoxeeLauncher is already installed, the update should be present now in Update menu. The update will installed the combined version and remove the old launchers.

If there are any issues with the launcher, those 2 files are pretty interesting to see (pastebin or http://www.rafb.net/paste):
/Users/Frontrow/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
/mnt/Scratch/Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log

Please report issues you find with XBMC/Boxee Launcher to:
http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launcher/issues/list

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Should I still need XBMCHelper?
I ran the update, but then I had no control in XBMC.
I had a look and noticed XBMCHelper had vanished from /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/XBMCHelper so I put it back on (and chmod +x).
I then got control back in XBMC, but it seems to be ignoring my Keymap.xml file in /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system
When I press play/pause in fullscreen video, it cycles through the screen aspect ratios instead of pausing.
I uploaded my replacement Keymap.xml file that I used before that maps play/pause as play/pause but it seems to be completely ignored.
(also have lost context menu in file list)

Now also there is only 1 option in the Launcher (XBMC::Use Universal Mode) I have tried Yes and No, makes no difference.
(there was 2 options in the 0.2 Launcher and from memory I had one off, one on - but can't remember which was which)

Description: console.log
URL: http://rafb.net/p/IoBKEl52.html

Description: xbmc.log
URL: http://rafb.net/p/gIuuXj45.html

edit : - oh yeah, and ATV2.2
edit2 - should also mention, that in about mine is showing version 0.3 not 0.3.1 even after trying update again (update reports 0.3.1) if this makes a difference.
yzeyze Wrote:Should I still need XBMCHelper?
I ran the update, but then I had no control in XBMC.

[...]

edit2 - should also mention, that in about mine is showing version 0.3 not 0.3.1 even after trying update again (update reports 0.3.1) if this makes a difference.

The exact same thing is happening to me, on ATV2.1. The difference is that I didn't try to put back XBMCHelper... so no control at all.

I plugged in an usb mouse, the menu goes up and down, but clicking any button doesn't make anything to happen.

But, "Menu, Menu, Play, Play" works Nerd

If needed, I will post my log files...

Thanks,

RS
I am not a big fan of these new remote controls in the new Launcher!

I have put back in my own Keymap.xml but it now does not seem to work!

How can I edit the Keymap now and restore it to the previous versionHuh
Updated to XBMC launcher 0.3.1 on an AppleTV 2.2. I'm experiencing the same symptoms as the others in this thread.

XBMC will launch, however I have no control in the application. <Menu> <Menu> <Play> <Play> successfully kicks me out to the main menu, yet no matter what I have tried, I can not do anything using the AppleTV remote.

There was one message in the log (console?) about a window requesting focus but not getting focus.

I too will post logs if needed.
updated the launcher via the menu - yes, to the same 0.3.1.
After the restart it worked for me, YMMV.
l.capriotti Wrote:updated the launcher via the menu - yes, to the same 0.3.1.
After the restart it worked for me, YMMV.

In the 'About' for the launcher, does yours say 0.3 or 0.3.1?
yzeyze Wrote:Should I still need XBMCHelper?

XBMCHelper is not needed anymore. Launcher does send events from a "joystick name="AppleRemote"", which can be fully customized in a new Keymap.xml (see http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launch...Keymap.xml)

yzeyze Wrote:I uploaded my replacement Keymap.xml file that I used before that maps play/pause as play/pause but it seems to be completely ignored.
(also have lost context menu in file list)
A new keymap.xml needs to use above named eventclient.
Please try to use this replacement Keymap.xml Keymap.xml or try to update again. Launchers 0.3.1 update is supposed to back up and overwrite old Keymap.xml with the new customized version.

yzeyze Wrote:Now also there is only 1 option in the Launcher (XBMC::Use Universal Mode) I have tried Yes and No, makes no difference.
(there was 2 options in the 0.2 Launcher and from memory I had one off, one on - but can't remember which was which)
Current settings have no effect

yzeyze Wrote:edit2 - should also mention, that in about mine is showing version 0.3 not 0.3.1 even after trying update again (update reports 0.3.1) if this makes a difference.
0.3 is fine. 0.3.1 is not displayed.

HTH,
Stephan

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
reni10 Wrote:I am not a big fan of these new remote controls in the new Launcher!

I have put back in my own Keymap.xml but it now does not seem to work!

How can I edit the Keymap now and restore it to the previous versionHuh
You now need to use Joystick::AppleRemote events to customize remote control. See http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/...Keymap.xml for an example.
Here are the differences in new remote behaviour:
- hold down 'play pause' for toggling fullscreen
- hold down menu for context menu
- play/pause in fullscreen video brings up OSD
- menu button goes back one screen instead of going back to home
- some other improvements ... Smile

HTH,
Stephan

Ok, thanks for that, I renamed XBMCHelper to XBMCHelper.old so it won't run.
I uploaded the new Keymap and it works fine now.
I am finding that once the menu button brought up the OSD in fullscreen video and long play switched in and out of full screen.
Now in full screen video menu goes back to file list (same as long play) and then menu also goes back through folders.
Ok, I'm a little confused, I changed my <FullscreenVideo> section to have

<joystick name="AppleRemote">
<button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
<button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
<button id="3">StepBack</button>
<button id="4">StepForward</button>
<button id="5">Pause</button>
<button id="6">OSD</button>
<!-- hold play --> <button id="7">Fullscreen</button>
<!-- hold menu --> <button id="8">Info</button>
</joystick>

But it doesn't seem to read it, for example up and down are still doing volume up and down.

edit - ignore this, I was being an idiot - modifying a Keymap file in one folder and uploading the original one from above to the ATV - seems to be working well
I did the upgrade yesterday. I was able to go to the XBMC interface, it sort of worked, then locked up. I had to restart the ATV by power down as the remote no longer worked. Now the remote does not work at all, I am stuck at the main ATV menu without the ability to do anything, including reboot.

I dowloaded and installed the keymap.xml file posted earlier, but no help.

Anyone have any idea how to proceed from here?
I have uploaded a new Keymap.xml into /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/System and it has absolutely no affect on the remote!

Even if I have no Keymap.xml in that dir the Keymap that has been installed by this new Launcher still works!

How can I change this keymapHuh
While, it's probably more logical a layout it will need a little getting used to.

That said, I did the update and I have a problem.

The + / - keys no longer skip ahead 10 mins. Now they bring up an osd volume screen along the bottom Huh

Help
gringott Wrote:I did the upgrade yesterday. I was able to go to the XBMC interface, it sort of worked, then locked up. I had to restart the ATV by power down as the remote no longer worked.

XBMC can now be killed if it's not responding by pressing Menu,Menu,Play,Play

gringott Wrote:Now the remote does not work at all, I am stuck at the main ATV menu without the ability to do anything, including reboot.

I dowloaded and installed the keymap.xml file posted earlier, but no help.

Anyone have any idea how to proceed from here?

Please check if there is boxeeservice or XBMCHelper running:
Code:
ps aux | grep  -ie "boxee|xbmc"

if it's running, kill it with:
Code:
kill <PID>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] XBMC/BoxeeLauncher 0.3.1 released0