[LIVE] HOW-TO get the original Xbox DVD Remote Kit and Dongle to work with XBMC Live
Not working for me either with VDR branch! 10.04.1 Ubuntu was on 9.10.

any ideas?
I have a xbox remote with a self soldierd ir reciever. It's been working perfect
for me last 2 years on xbmc. I've been on linux all the time and se my signature for current system.

Wonder why so many report problems with timings ? From my ubuntu version and xbmc version what do you guys run ?
Maybe because im on ubuntu 9.10 ? Smile
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
The-Boxhead Wrote:Wonder why so many report problems with timings ? From my ubuntu version and xbmc version what do you guys run ?
Maybe because im on ubuntu 9.10 ? Smile

Asrock Ion 330
Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.00 maverick v2
Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Based Confused
I believe that the problem with remotes and ubuntu 10.10 is that
they moved the lirc functionality into the kernel itself. Many posts
here seems to indicate that problem for allot of people.

There is a thread in the support forum explaining how to disable the built in lirc kernel drivers and use the "normal" lirc drivers outside of the kernel.
I just couldent find the thread now. I think this is worth a shot.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
The-Boxhead Wrote:There is a thread in the support forum explaining how to disable the built in lirc kernel drivers and use the "normal" lirc drivers outside of the kernel.

I just had some remote issues myself with a new install, but managed to get them resolved after many, many hours of reading and trying suggestions. This thread you speak of could be a great read - and also some help. Now to find it?
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
A few weeks ago I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04 and dharma, I'm also using an original xbox remote and having issues now. I did the minimal ubuntu install and xbmc live install off the Niki on my home built PC. It seems like 1/3 of the time the remote doesn't work and I have to reboot until it does. I'll do some searching about this lirc/ kernel thing.
UPDATED GUIDE FOR DHARMA!

Works very well.
It always worked fine and now with Maverick I can't get my X-box dongle up again.... Confused

@The-Boxhead I tried the guide from LJSeinfeld but I can't get lirc_atisub loaded. Is this the solution you are talking about? "disable the built in lirc kernel drivers and use the "normal" lirc drivers outside of the kernel"

@kiwiboyus you already got it working again?
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
kiwiboyus Wrote:A few weeks ago I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04 and dharma, I'm also using an original xbox remote and having issues now. I did the minimal ubuntu install and xbmc live install off the Niki on my home built PC. It seems like 1/3 of the time the remote doesn't work and I have to reboot until it does. I'll do some searching about this lirc/ kernel thing.

Any luck with this issue?
kazama42 Wrote:UPDATED GUIDE FOR DHARMA!

Works very well.

This worked perfectly for me. The other guides like the OP just wouldn't work.

My Orig XBox remote is a clone I think. I got it from EBay and although it looks similar it doesn't actually say XBox on it anywhere.

Anyway, really chuffed that it's all working now. It's soooooo smooth and fast. much better than when it was on the XBox Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] HOW-TO get the original Xbox DVD Remote Kit and Dongle to work with XBMC Live0